Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat probably ate about 2-3 cans of wet food after she had hers

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Congratulations! Awesome job to both you and your cat. Glad to hear the kittens are nursing well.

Good you waited before calling the vet, as it's rarely an emergency unless the cat is in distress. Cats can take hours between delivering their kittens, as you learned. Hope you can get some rest now!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks I figured I'd wait because I could still feel the kittens in her tummy moving and she was happily nursing the others....I did have to break the sac on the fourth one and coach her to cut the cords but that's about it I'll weigh them this morning ....the first born orange is going to be a handful already he goes around trying to steal everyone's nipples even though he has one lol

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Congratulations to Molly!  And you!  Looking forward to more kitten pictures. 

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Woo Hoo! :clap: They're here :D

Sounds like everything went well and you were prepared! Hope you are getting a little rest. Looking forward to watching this family grow! :)

:hugs: to mama & babies and of course Grandma :D

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok so weights are ginger 1 :85g ginger and white 116g black and white with white on back : 95g and black and white :103g why does the ginger one weigh so much less ???

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You have a runt. Watch that she's nursing well and getting her fair share. If she's gaining 6-10 grams a day she'll be okay.

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Im just leaving them be today I got some cooked chicken breast and gave it to Molly I'll re weigh them tomorrow and reassess then for now I'm going to let mumma enjoy her kittens :)

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

thinking of calling this one batman if it's a boy he or she has the batman symbol on its back lol

Last edited by a moderator:

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congrats 
  ​ Wow... cute kittens!  Batman or Batgirl

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Kittens yet?  I just found this thread.  Since you said you think the father is a tabby, I am assuming that this wasn't a deliberate breeding.  Now here is where the genetics get tricky.  Before the ova are released, the queen requires at least three couplings.  The stiff hairs on the tom's...erm...boy bits stimulate the ova release.  Since a tom will not disengage until full mating occurs, and the sperm live for several hours before impregnation occurs, this means that if she did, in fact, mate with multiple toms, her litter could have multiple fathers.  Kinda throws a wrench in the works for predicting how the kittens will look.  Other than adorable, of course. 

When Ophelia made her 20 foot leap to freedom (See the "Naughty Things" thread, I figured that there might easily have been 4 fathers; a ginger tom from the next street over, the big black tom next door, the odd-eyed white from two doors down, and apparently a Siamese or similarly marked tom from goodness knows where.  We ended up with two solid black, two gingers, one odd-eyed white (deaf but precious) and the most gorgeous tabby point long-haired baby you ever saw.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, the news of the kittens didn't show up on my screen, so I'm doubly late.  What darlings they are!

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone I'm pretty smitten they are so cute :)