How far along is cat?

Lam_ashley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So there are a bunch of neighborhood cats that come up to my house and this white one is just so beautiful. She basically claimed us as her own and kept trying to come in so we’ve been feeding her and letting her come inside. She is one of several neighborhood cats that are always wondering. But I noticed about a month ago her nipples being large and pink and then on April 24th I noticed her belly looking round and large. Almost 2 weeks ago I noticed movement that confirmed her being pregnant and I could see movement from the outside. Once I saw she was pregnant for sure, I have been keeping her inside. It’s been almost 2 and a half weeks since I felt movement for the first time. Haven’t been to the vet yet but plan to call before the end of the week. I assumed she has a few more weeks left but I’m not sure. I’m sure they’ll be able to tell me at the vet. Definitely plan to get her spayed since I’m gonna keep her!

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lam_ashley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So what advice on preparing a place for her to give birth do you recommend? I have a box here and blanket and I also have a doggy bed my dog doesn’t even use that I can put in my spare room. Will I need anything else?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Check out the “What to Prepare for the Birth” article. It discusses the nesting box, but what you have sounds fine. 😊

Lam_ashley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I can see movement a lot just looking at her belly. And the kittens are just going crazy! And she has been grooming herself a lot especially her nipples. But that’s just about it. Nothing else seems out of the ordinary.

Attachments

Lam_ashley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So today she has been running around like crazy . Jumping up on things and running up and down the stairs. I haven’t seen any discharge or anything and her nipples don’t look swollen or red yet so I don’t think labor is near but is it safe for her to be running around like that?

Lam_ashley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So here is a three week comparison! First picture was taken April 24th and the second today! Hoping she is getting close! But she still looks small in person so I could be so wrong on the dates. Been feeling kittens move for two weeks now and seeing them move on the outside for about a week. I do not know the day she got pregnant because she stayed outside and only came to me when she wanted food, as do many other neighborhood cats. I’ve just now made her stay inside but I’ve claimed her as my favorite anyway because of her fur! I’ve seen about 3 larger cats that come around and one smaller cat. So I really don’t know when she conceived or which of the cats she conceived with. Two are grey cats with stripes and one is orange and white. I’m interested to see what her baby’s will look like! But this picture may help determine how far along. I’m assuming she is super close but then again I could be wrong. In person she does look small and petite.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Based on the information you’ve provided, and by my calculations, she is due the week of May 24th (if I am correct). So she has another week to ten days to go.

She’s getting close - keep us posted!

Last edited:

Lam_ashley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ahh that’s amazing!!

Lam_ashley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So today I noticed she is grooming my other cat a lot and been cuddled up with her a lot. This is weird because all her pregnancy she has hissed at her and wanted nothing to do with her but now they are tangled up together and my pregnant one is grooming the other one!

Lam_ashley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She just let me very gently put my ear up to her belly and I could hear the kittens heart beats! It would come and go as they moved! But once I heard it I had such a weird motherly connection! It made me think of when I was pregnant 😩🥰 it was the most incredible thing I’ve ever heard! She let me lay there and listen and she put her paw on my cheek almost like she was glad I got to hear her baby’s heartbeats. She is literally the sweetest cat ever!!

Lam_ashley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We are in LABOR!!!! Just lost mucus plug