How does your cat wake you up

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hard to pinpoint which one woke me up first because they all happened in rapid succession.

Play fighting on top of the covers
Play fighting under the covers
Play fighting on pillow/my head
Chewing on my hair
Chewing on my pj pants tie
Tunneling under the covers
Climbing all over me
Knocking my glasses onto the floor
Playing with the door stopper thingy

But what ultimately got me out of bed was Boone laying on my pillow and hearing his tummy growling/gurgling

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which time??
Boone suckling on my shirt

Boone plopping on my face to suckle a different area of my shirt

Gracie joining him on my face to see what he was doing

Boone chewing on my hair

Boone fighting with Gracie on top of the covers while she was under the covers

Boone and Gracie both on my chest

Boone and Gracie fighting on either side of my head

Side note .. I am sure I will miss this when they are older and more sedentary but dang these kittens!! :lol:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankfully, only some of my cats wake me up. Simon waits until I turn onto my back. Then he jumps on my chest and honks in my face while tapping repeatedly. Astrid has a certain attention-seeking, trilling meow that is very loud and high pitched. She starts making it on her way to the room as a warning. She comes in, jumps on the bed, and taps relentlessly. (If the door is shut, she just sits outside of the door making it over and over. You can not wait her out and hope she stops. She. Will. Not. Stop.) Estella licks eyelids. No one wants Estella waking them. If my husband has to get up before I do, I will wake up for a second and tell him good morning. If Fennimore is in the room and seems my eyelids so much as flutter, he jumps on me--all 20 lbs of him--and licks my face while purring loudly.

Now that we have the kittens, Cassian will hope around on the bed like a bunny if Fennimore wakes me. He may jump around at other times, but he is so light that I would never know.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today it was one of them stepping on the button to turn on my clock radio. Problem is I never use it so it wasn't on a station. It was just static and the volume was turned WAY up!! I shot up like a bomb had gone off and had no idea how to make it stop. Had to grab my phone and use the flashlight app to find the right button. :ohwell:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which one?
Which time?
The usual culprit is Miss Eleanor, who leaps onto the bed and wants to cuddle, which is fine in itself, except she does it several times a night, and sometimes involves a pre-cuddle licking of my head.
Sometimes, though, it is Stretch, who doesn't leap, but is more stealthy. The 'love bites' that he administers, however, are not so stealthy.
And sometimes it simply is the thundering herd playing tag- at 3a.m., no less- that wakes me up.

nomeowing

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My tabby (pictured) is so bad. I can't free feed these two, they would eat constantly. They started waking me up about 2 AM to be fed. Fine. But now it's moved up to about 1130 PM. I'm in usually a deep sleep and she starts pawing. She's relentless. Even though they ate at 830PM. I miss being able to free feed the cats. They are bad but all in all good kitties.

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Woke me up around midnight shredding Dixie Cups. Gracie's new favorite hobby. Ran from one bathroom to the other stealing them.
View attachment 348514
i am so thankful rivel isn't much of a biter. she just annoying whenever i eat chicken or fish and would make the most pitiful meow and face to beg for the chicken even after she ate.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am so thankful rivel isn't much of a biter. she just annoying whenever i eat chicken or fish and would make the most pitiful meow and face to beg for the chicken even after she ate.
Gracie only bites objects, not people. She loves to carry stuff around so the cups seemed perfect for her. Big but not too big. Light weight. For having the cup as long as she did, the damage was minimal. She seemed to spend most of her time just carrying it around and/or batting it around the room.

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Gracie only bites objects, not people. She loves to carry stuff around so the cups seemed perfect for her. Big but not too big. Light weight. For having the cup as long as she did, the damage was minimal. She seemed to spend most of her time just carrying it around and/or batting it around the room.
Rivel doesn't chew, bite, or anything, which is good because i am less worried she swallowed random objects lol. The only thing she bites are her toys which is only out under supervision. I guess being on the street for the first year or two in her life made her better at distinguishing food or not.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rivel doesn't chew, bite, or anything, which is good because i am less worried she swallowed random objects lol. The only thing she bites are her toys which is only out under supervision. I guess being on the street for the first year or two in her life made her better at distinguishing food or not.
I am teaching the kittens how to hunt (and eat) bugs. I found one of them watching a bug crawl on the carpet. I tried to take their paw and smack it but they seemed clueless. So I killed it and they ate it. Hopefully I won't have to be the bug killer anymore. I was for our other two cats. :ohwell:

Dana_And_Monster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For years, ever since getting my cat, I wake up at precisely the witching hour with him sitting over me just staring at me. No noise, no physical contact, just staring. And somehow I'm wide awake when it happens, like, no going back to bed. So now he's an alarm clock and this is my daily routine.
He has mastered the dark arts... and... Mind control, I conclude!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am teaching the kittens how to hunt (and eat) bugs. I found one of them watching a bug crawl on the carpet. I tried to take their paw and smack it but they seemed clueless. So I killed it and they ate it. Hopefully I won't have to be the bug killer anymore. I was for our other two cats. :ohwell:
Mine saw a cricket one night when I first got her and went nuts. Now she stays up all night on stake out for more, seems like once a month she just tortures one, Ive woken up to find a couple mutilated crickets.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been a while since I had a good wake up story. Probably because Boone and Gracie only wake me up on the weekends. It started out sweet and then turned not so sweet.

I woke up with Gracie laying on one arm purring and chirping away. Boone was across my chest suckling away on my shirt. He ended up falling asleep with his head under my chin. That is the sweet part.

The not so sweet part was those two playing the "hand slap" game on either side of my head. You know, the game where you try to slap somebody's hands before they can pull them away. Well, not too many hands were slapped but somebody's (mine) face was slapped a whole lot of times.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep my bedroom door open a little so Boone and Gracie can come and go as they please.

Around 1am, they decided to mess with each other from either side of the door. That resulted in my door creaking every few seconds. I got up and shooed them away from the door and crawled back into bed.

A few seconds later, the creaking started again. Got up and shooed them away for a second time. Crawled back into bed.

Few seconds later, more creaking. I ended up just throwing my pillow at the door which ended up shutting it. Then Boone and Gracie started pawing at the door trying to get back out of my room. Ended up having to get up for a third time so open the door and retrieve my pillow.

Now, almost an hour later, I can't fall back asleep and have to be up for work in about 40 minutes. :ohwell: