How Do Your Cats Communicate With Each Other?

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do your cats have any cute, interesting or funny methods of communicating with each other?

Last week Toffee and Fudge were chasing each other around the house and when Toffee went upstairs and Fudge didn't follow, he meowed for him, as if he was asking him to come and play. I thought that was really cute!

When they're play fighting, Fudge will also often tease Toffee with his paws as he nudges Toffee as if he's testing his boundaries.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
When Gohan wants to be groomed, he walks up to Trin, head low and does a quiet little "mew?", very respectful, asking for some grooming. Trin obliges, and licks his head.

Gohan communicates that he is done with his bath with a hiss and sometimes a chomp or swipe. He never reciprocates by grooming Trin. Gohan is an asshole. :lol2:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed that when my cat has enough of my bf's cat chasing her, she'll go on her side and show her tummy to say like "truce. I'm done." Which seems to work.

They also poke at each other.

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Theo and Windy communicate by body movement. It designates whether they'll fight, or lick each other, or walk past each other in peace. They both play the submissive one at times, but Theo (my younger boy) prefers to be the dominant. Since Windy was here first, sometimes Theo pays her some respect and turns on his back to indicate that he wants to play with her. I like it sooo much better when they're being peaceful and loving to each other.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sweet to hear everyone's anecdotes about kitty communication! :)
Lari Lari Fudge also does that sometimes when he's in a soft mood and wants to stop a fight. But, when he's in his usual "I'm not taking any of your sh*t" mood, he'll often just pounce back on Toffee or hiss at him until he leaves.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually they communicate by Samai attacking Onsa. Otherwise they just lie next to each other without uttering a sound.