How do your cats act when you come home after a trip?

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine ran to the kitchen for food! 
 I was so offended!

I had been gone six days and they greeted me pretty normally... came up to the door as I came in, then ran off to the kitchen. It wasn't until later when I realized the kitty sitting on my lap was not our major cuddler Garfunkel but our VERY anti-lap cat Simon that I could tell how much they missed us.  Garfunkel slept on my back for part of last night too, and I woke up with Simon & Garfunkel cuddling next to me. As soon as I woke up Simon licked my hand for 10 minutes. Joni spent about an hour curled next to me earlier too. 

Sweet cats :) They tried to act tough but it all came out eventually! I missed you too, babies. 

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ah, they just were polite...

once I came home after two weeks to find Rascal sitting in the front yard in the sun, joyfully wanted to pick him up only to have him express his annoyance by biting my arm as deep as possible. (It was understandable, but I couldn't have taken him with me to Yellowstone National Park, as much as he loves to hunt.)

It took a while and lots of treats to gain forgiveness from His Excellence.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha! So cute that Simon came and sat with you!

Ours are desperate. If we even go grocery shopping, when they hear the lock click, Mo comes running and yowling and rubs against us and our things. Kismet meanders over and waits for us to pet her, and if we take too long, she sings us the song of her people until she gets some pets.

macmadame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since I go to work most days and, when I come back, I feed them, whenever I come home, both cats come running to see if I will feed them. If I am late and ask my husband to feed them, they often act as if he must be trying to poison them and eat as little as possible until I come home.

I went away for the weekend camping last month and they ate just fine for him then though. They must have figured out I was really gone somehow. When I came home, around super time, they came running and I went to give them dinner as usual just like I had only been gone for the day.

When I came in the door, my cat looked at me with a very offended expression and glared at me as if to say "Oh, it's YOU. That horrible person who ... oh, you're feeding me, I love you!" and all was forgiven. She was a bit clingy for a few days after that and I missed her too so we snuggled a bit more to make up for lost time. The other cat likes everybody and is more the family cat so she got plenty of loving while I was gone and so didn't seem too fazed by my trip.