How do you wash your dishes?

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Mrs Meyers cos I love the smell. Am about to get a greywater system put in but meantime handwash as I go then carefully put the wash water on a plant outside. I confess to having a separate sponge for anything cat related, like empty cat food tins, mostly out of respect for my fussy visiting vegan friends.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently started using the Dawn in the spray bottle too.The directions says spray, wipe and rinse. Leave on for a few minutes if there is tough to get off food. I like doing that instead of filling a pan with detergent and water. Thank you W Willowy for the idea of using it on litter boxes. I usually clean mine in the shower stall because I don't have laundry tubs to put it in. Now I can spray the Dawn on and rinse with a wet cloth! Is that what you do W Willowy ?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought one of those Dawn sprays when I first saw it which was almost a year ago. The Dawn just comes out like suds so it is convenient, but I don't think it is worth the extra price.

Normally I rinse off dishes through the day then run a sink of dishwater at the end of the day and wash everything. On the weekends I sometimes cook an actual meal and eat leftovers most of the week. When I actually cook a meal I wash dishes as I go.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I can spray the Dawn on and rinse with a wet cloth! Is that what you do W Willowy W Willowy ?
No, I have a hand-held shower head and use that to rinse. I'm not sure a wet cloth would get enough soap off to satisfy the kitties.

I've never been able to stick my hands in a pan of dishwater, so the spray suits my dishwashing technique anyway.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
by hand soon as i finish eating leaving pile of used dishes in the sink imo attracts bugs(ants,flies,roaches) nobody wants running around inside their home along with giving greedy,nosey cats a place to look for snacks where they shouldnt really be looking

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I use Dawn Powerwash on my Ninja Foodi stuff before either cleaning it or throwing it into the dishwasher. We also use Powerwash on clothing stains.
I throw things in the dishwasher as I go. If I'm on a serious baking binge and the dishwasher gets too full, I'll run the load and do what I can by hand.
One load of dishes every night in the dishwasher, including pots and pans. We use Finish in the dishwasher. We have a Bosch and it cleans beautifully. Best dishwasher ever!

My mom would run a full sink of water to wash two coffee cups at night. I can't tell you when the last time it was I actually ran a sink of dishwater.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I throw things in the dishwasher as I go.
Hehe, this reminded me of this story: I'm in a cleaning help Facebook group and one person posted her cautionary tale about dishwashers and Dawn Powerwash. She thought she'd give the sticky dishes a quick squirt of Powerspray before placing them in the dishwasher, the way you might give your stained/dirty clothes a squirt of Shout before putting them in the washer. WELL, as we all know, Powerwash suds up very nicely so. . .yeah she had a bubble problem in her kitchen that night. Oops.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I have a hand-held shower head and use that to rinse. I'm not sure a wet cloth would get enough soap off to satisfy the kitties.

That's what I've always used. I was hoping to not have to take the XL Breeze litter box into the shower. Well better safe than sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: