How Do You Know If The Papers Are Real?

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is there any way to check if a kitten is indeed registered? I just checked the cfa and tica website and theres no place for people to key in registration numbers.

Im asking because i might be getting a purebred kitten and where i live, scams are quite common. The breeder claims the kitten is cfa registered.

Ive always trusted the breeder before. But this time, im not so sure.

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ceracera Ceracera - You'll know when you send in your Blue Slip transfer and check for the CFA, or course, but calling the main number (1-330-680-4070) will put you in touch with the Registrar's Office, so that you can double-check the breeder's original registration of the kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the number, ill call it.

In the places ive lived, the breeders pretty much handled all the paperwork.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Ask the breeder for the kitten's registration number. If it a litter registration I think you have to call to find out if it's a valid number. If it's an individual registration you can put the number into Herman Online. It should pop up with the kitten's registered name. If it's not a valid number you'll get a message "Sorry, the cat registration number you provided does not exist".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Ceracera Ceracera - You'll know when you send in your Blue Slip transfer and check for the CFA, or course, but calling the main number (1-330-680-4070) will put you in touch with the Registrar's Office, so that you can double-check the breeder's original registration of the kitten.
Yep! That's what you need to do! Ceracera Ceracera , let us know how everything works out!