How Do You Keep Your Stray Cool In The Summer?

Skylsters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I live in the central valley and today tge temperature was 100+ and i have no idea on jow to keep my stray cat cool. She was just spayed yesterday, i kept her inside as long as the vet recommended but now that shes back on my porch i want to do eeverything that i can to keep her cool especially since she just had surgery. I brought her ice water as often as i could but i want to do more for her.

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for spaying her! I do think if there is some shade and she has constant access to water, she will be okay. Ideally, it would be best to confine her someplace indoors until she has recovered from surgery, but if you can't, just change her water often - offer her both ice water and regular - sometimes they prefer the warmer water. Is there an electrical outlet where you can plug in a fan for her?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No i have a male cat that doesnt get along with other cats and ive taken in one of her kittens.
I understand, as my Ruby doesn't seem like the type to want to share her home with other cats. Thanks again for having her spayed. That will make her life so much better. :hearthrob:

houseofnine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Create shade by leaning a board or draping a tarp or cloth? Also the pet stores, even HomeGoods, have gel cooling mats for sale for under $20. Thank you for taking care of this kitty!