How do you give Purraise?

wasabipea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you need a certain amount of posts to have that option? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks!

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe.  There should be a red flag at bottom left of posts then a thumbs up sign on right side and that is what you would hit.  Then gives option to add comment.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
No you don't need a certain amount of posts to purraise someone else's post :D

At the bottom of the post you wish to give purraise too is a "thumbs up" icon. Click on that to give purraise to that members post ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wasabipea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ah, thank you. I wasn't sure and clicked the thumbs up a couple of times but wasn't sure if the member was receiving Purraise. (I love that term, BTW).

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Ah, thank you. I wasn't sure and clicked the thumbs up a couple of times but wasn't sure if the member was receiving Purraise. (I love that term, BTW).
Ah, when you click on the purraise button it should give the the option of adding a comment if you wish. Once you have decided to add a comment or not you need to press the button under the comments box, which says "Add to repetition"
This should add your purraise to the post.

Is this what happened when you tried to purraise ?? wasabipea wasabipea

wasabipea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think I just clicked the button and it gave me the option to comment, I opted out of commenting since I figured it was similar to "liking" something on facebook, so I don't recall if there were other options after leaving a coment. I will check it out...! Thanks :)

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I think I just clicked the button and it gave me the option to comment, I opted out of commenting since I figured it was similar to "liking" something on facebook, so I don't recall if there were other options after leaving a coment. I will check it out...! Thanks :)
You did it right :clap: :bigthumb:

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The comment section is short, limited number of characters, but you can always say something like "great idea" or "thanks for the suggestion" etc. which will then show up in the member's email when they get notified of the purraise.  Otherwise it just shows that they got the "thumbs up" purraise.

Last edited:

wasabipea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh! So it only comes up as Purraise if you leave a comment... I get it now :nod:
Thank you!

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, you don't have to leave a comment, it will just show that "[name] gave you purraise" but if there's no comment, that's all it shows.  If there's a comment, then that shows in your email also.  As you get more purraises, your total number will show with little green rosettes for each 10 purraises.  Yuo can see it in your posts at the upper right corner, but nobody else can see it.

wasabipea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okey doke, I think I get it - Thanks for clearing that up Red Top!

Purraise is a great idea too :)

Last edited: