How do you accept?

owest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss !!

Give yourself time to comes to term with the loss and remember the good and bad times with your boy and honor him in your own way !!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss !!

Give yourself time to comes to term with the loss and remember the good and bad times with your boy and honor him in your own way !!

Thanks. I dreamed about him the other night. I was holding him while we were in a room with some birds flying around in it. We cuddled while he watched them. There were other cats on the floor. It was a wonderful dream.

cbowdidge

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww, sounds like a wonderful dream. In time you will heal and remember Cocoa and smile.

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Been having a rough time lately. A lot of tears shed. Today I had a tidal wave of tears from missing my boy. I love you and miss you angel.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes days like this happen, and I am sorry the last few weeks have been tough.  I hope you start to have more positive days where you feel less loss and pain and can enjoy precious time with Holly and Mandie.  

If you have been on your antidepressants for a few weeks now and not feeling a little better it might be worth asking if there is a different one as different ones suit different people and you might not be on the best one for you.  Esp if you have been taking it for 6 weeks or more.

Last edited:

owest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I understand your pain and how out of know where it a wave of sadness comes over you and it's OK, something you cared and loved is now missing from your life, so do like I do and when that happens remember the good times and the little things that made Cocoa you special boy and the fact you had Cocoa in your life :) I see so many pet owners that treat pets like an object and never get to know special personality each cat has and all the love, fun and just being a cat gives back to you owning one.

If you have other cats in the house, play with them and spend more time with them, one of my other cats seemed to tell I was feeling very sad after my grey girl passed away, she started laying right next to me and now takes up half my keyboard to say " Hey " I am here for you so she went from being a solo kitty to my side kick.... I found out she loves to lick the side of cold water bottles and now looks forward to every bottle I grab out of the ****.  So give the rest of you kitties extra love and if you don't have another cats, and not saying you should get another one till your really ready, look at petfinders and overstocked . com animal adoption pages hwich has tons of kittens and adult cats needing loving and good homes, and you sound like you are a great caring parent..

In Nov, the cat house on the kings is having a open house, if you in Calif or near it or just want to take a  vacation, might be a fun day for you and your family :) They also have some of the cats up for adoption and they do great work..  http://www.cathouseonthekings.com/

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I do have Mandie and Holly to care for. We have cuddle times. Holly has had a hard time with missing Cocoa. We have play times too.

helsic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss! I can tell you by experience that there's not a perfect way to know when you'll move on after the loss.

I lose a cat when I was at college, it's been almost 10 years and still every time I see a gray tabby I got feelings! 

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I began a Precious Moments cross stitch in memory of Cocoa. I called him my little lamb when he was small so I picked a design with a shepherd boy holding two lambs and another one standing beside him. The design calls for the boy to have blond hair but I'm making it brown, my hair color.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What a lovely idea.  I hope you enjoy doing this, and have a prime position for it in your home once finished. 

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a lovely idea.  I hope you enjoy doing this, and have a prime position for it in your home once finished. :rbheart:

I'm not sure where I'll put it. Here's a pic of the design. You may not be able to see it but there's a butterfly on top of the staff.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What a sweet little picture:  I will think of Cocoa running around in green pastures looked over by the little shepherd, still safe in your heart. 

I hope working on this cross stitch brings you some comfort.  

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was excited today to not only see Mandie chasing Holly down the steps but to see Mandie actually running down AND she leaped over a step or two at the bottom and onto the floor below. :)

bugsypawsey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im so sorry for your loss. My kitty gato passed 4 years ago. I miss him all the time. No one can say when you will start to feel better. For me, now, when I remember him it puts a smile on my face that he gave me such great memories and happiness. No one can ever take those memories from you ♡♡♡♡ Huggs and your in my thoughts

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@angels4mom  that is a wonderful update: you must feel very relieved to see Maddie and Holly running about and playing with a spring in their step.  I hope it brings a warmth to your hear and a little spring in to your step as you watch them.  

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
whew. Whether you know it or not, your story of grief... in turn helps us who are facing the same... just by sharing that "bond of sadness" we all face when losing our precious ones... it helps us to know we are not alone in this.

We said goodbye to our 10 yr old Minnie Saturday at home.

They shaved a lil fur off her leg and offered it to me.... I still go smell and feel it when I get the "wave of tears".
This picture was while we were waiting on the vet to arrive. I tried to get pictures all week of me and her...as I knew this day would come... trying to "plan" photo sessions with a kitty...well we know how that goes :) let alone I really didn't want my sadness showing in all the pics, which they did. I was waiting for the vet as I didn't want them to ring the doorbell and send her running. She jumped up by me... and just then... a lizard went across the porch which she saw..then a hummingbird hovered right outside on a bush, which she saw.... I soooo cherish that last moment of what we did together as something so "normal" that she always did...and blindly took my phone and snapped it from the side.... I could NOT have "planned" that any better... God's and Minnie's gift to me.

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
whew. Whether you know it or not, your story of grief... in turn helps us who are facing the same... just by sharing that "bond of sadness" we all face when losing our precious ones... it helps us to know we are not alone in this.

We said goodbye to our 10 yr old Minnie Saturday at home.

They shaved a lil fur off her leg and offered it to me.... I still go smell and feel it when I get the "wave of tears".
This picture was while we were waiting on the vet to arrive. I tried to get pictures all week of me and her...as I knew this day would come... trying to "plan" photo sessions with a kitty...well we know how that goes :) let alone I really didn't want my sadness showing in all the pics, which they did. I was waiting for the vet as I didn't want them to ring the doorbell and send her running. She jumped up by me... and just then... a lizard went across the porch which she saw..then a hummingbird hovered right outside on a bush, which she saw.... I soooo cherish that last moment of what we did together as something so "normal" that she always did...and blindly took my phone and snapped it from the side.... I could NOT have "planned" that any better... God's and Minnie's gift to me.

She's beautiful. In so sorry for your loss.