How Do I Verify -or- Change Info On New Registration For Microchip At Foundanimals.org . . .?

kommunity kats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We got 6 cats chipped today.
They pre-registered the information on the site, but I'm supposed to verify it.
In starting to do so I've noticed that several things entered need to be changed . . .
such as:
- they all were fixed elsewhere, but all are entered as 'intact' (nothing on the sheet I filled out asked or offered the option of 'fixed', or explained how or where to indicate it);
- it says there's no record of vaccines for them, but they do have rabies shots, just got them elsewhere;
- I am also confused what: dsh, dmh, & dlh actually are, & what has been registered already appears to be wrong, to my way of thinking.

The only thing I've seen thus far regarding what was pre-registered, is the paperwork they sent home with me. I'm trying to open an account there, so I can see exactly what's been pre-registered . . . or did they already open one for me . . . ? I have no clue how to tell for myself! The little card they attached to each piece of paperwork (for each cat) says I need to go to the site & verify, but nothing on the site offers that option . . . that I've yet seen.

Thank You for any insight you can offer!

Last edited:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm not familiar with this company, but I'd say go ahead and create an account. From there you should be able to enter the chip numbers, and if there's an issue with them already being registered hopefully the website will have contact information so you can speak to someone directly.

DSH=Domestic Shorthair, DLH=Domestic Longhair, I assume DMH=Domestic Medium Hair although that term is not normally used in describing cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kommunity kats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Regarding the indications of what type of 'hair' they have . . . I 've tried reading about them so I can figure out which designation applies to which cat . . . but only become more confused when I do. At least one of them indicates having 2 types of coats, instead of the length of the coat. I don't know what to make of it. . . . Two of our cats have slightly longer, fluffier 'hair', but what that indicates designation-wise just stumps me!

(The cats were put down as all being DSH, but I don't think the person pre-registering them saw them until after she'd entered the information. I had wanted to ask, but had to use the lou, & when I came out, they were already chipping a second of our cats, & with all the hubbub going on there & having pulled weeds for 2 hours while waiting, I forgot to ask anything. . . It's a clinic, & two regular volunteers showed up to help me soon after I'd started! Ha!)