How do I teach my cats to stop being monsters around food

arr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You mentioned feeding raw. Is it commercially prepared or are you preparing it yourself? The reason I ask is it needs to be properly supplemented so they get all their nutrients, and it can be tricky unless you buy a prepared supplement mix. Probably you are aware of this. Just another angle to think about, maybe a nutritional deficiency causing the craziness?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clary7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You mentioned feeding raw. Is it commercially prepared or are you preparing it yourself? The reason I ask is it needs to be properly supplemented so they get all their nutrients, and it can be tricky unless you buy a prepared supplement mix. Probably you are aware of this. Just another angle to think about, maybe a nutritional deficiency causing the craziness?
I make them this: Feline Nutrition - Feline Nutrition's Easy Homemade Cat Food Recipe | Hare Today

I posted in another group and got a lot of feedback saying my cats are the perfect weight. Some people recommended adding bit more fat to the recipe just for a little calorie boost.

Three of my cats got recent bloodwork and everything looked perfect.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I personally would listen to your cats over any other people, -- me, the other site/group, even your vet, whichever.

They were working way, way too hard to get more food. You provided them with an extra meal, and they became more calm.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I think cats are just like people and have different metabolisms. I had a six pounder and a 15 pounder that seemed to eat about the same amount of food. You may find that even with more food your cats don’t significantly change weight.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They were working way, way too hard to get more food. You provided them with an extra meal, and they became more calm.
Perhaps you didn't see my post just above, but in any case, you're finding people here and on other sites/groups to have feedback that fits your vision and expectations better. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to provide viable or useful information.

Last edited:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, Mr Captain is like this. I tell him he's such a talker, just hang on buddy, I'm on my way :thumbsup:
Zena will do that for anything he wants me to do lately, its non stop meow until he gets what he wants. Plus, he will sometimes come in the bathroom and then yell to get out of there like he’s being tortured and I say to him why did you come in here? Lol.