How Do I Take Care Of A 3 Month Lost Cat?

shadow987

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had lost a cat earlier this year, approximately 3 months ago and had found him again. He seems to have recognized us but he seems to want to go outside. He has had no vaccines or any checkups so I know that's a problem. We are going to let him go once more and hopefully he'll come back.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello shadow987 shadow987 , you are fortunate that your cat came back this once. Please do not let him out wandering again and this time round he might not come back.

Please have him vaccinated and neutered and keep him indoors permanently. By letting him out exposes him to all kinds of danger and he has to fend for himself and suffer.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I have to reinforce what the others have said. It's pretty essential to have an outdoor male cat neutered or you will end up with a very battered tom. And if he's unneutered and indoors you're really going to know about it. :frown: He does need to be checked over by a vet.
Indoor cats have much safer lives. :wink:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's always going to want to go out if he's not neutered. You are risking his life by letting him. You're the boss!