How Do I Clean The Cat's Ears?

Tinkleo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi friends, I'm a green cat keeper, I have no idea of cleaning cat's ears, is there anyone can tell me how to do? Thanks in advance!

zzbx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Theoretically, a healthy cat is no need to wash his/her ears! Only when cats have earwax or disease, do the cat need to wash their ears.

Before you start, please look at the cat’s ears at the light source to see if there's anything in your cat's ear. If it's clean and odor-free, you don't need to wash it.

If a cat has earwax in its ears, or if it has a disease such as ear mites, it needs to be cleaned, usually in the following steps:

1. First of all, you should stabilize your cat's mood and let them relax. You can also feed canned snacks to distract them. If the cat doesn't want to cooperate, try wrapping them in a towel, exposing only their tiny heads.

2. Make the cat-use ear washing drop into the cat's ears, then quickly press on their ears and gently rub them against the base of their ears. But not to push too hard to avoid damaging your cat's eardrums.

3. At that time, you can let the cat go, and they will shake their heads and shake the filth out of their ears

4. Use a clean cotton ball or gauze to rub around your ears with medications or thrown dirt.

Notice: Please do not try to use cotton swabs to clean the cat’s ears. which is not only cannot clear the inner ear canal, but also push the dirt from the external ear canal into the inner ear canal, making cleaning more difficult. What's more, it's easy to damage the tissues in the ear canal and even Pierce the eardrum!

May your cat grows up with health!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tinkleo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Theoretically, a healthy cat is no need to wash his/her ears! Only when cats have earwax or disease, do the cat need to wash their ears.

Before you start, please look at the cat’s ears at the light source to see if there's anything in your cat's ear. If it's clean and odor-free, you don't need to wash it.

If a cat has earwax in its ears, or if it has a disease such as ear mites, it needs to be cleaned, usually in the following steps:

1. First of all, you should stabilize your cat's mood and let them relax. You can also feed canned snacks to distract them. If the cat doesn't want to cooperate, try wrapping them in a towel, exposing only their tiny heads.

2. Make the cat-use ear washing drop into the cat's ears, then quickly press on their ears and gently rub them against the base of their ears. But not to push too hard to avoid damaging your cat's eardrums.

3. At that time, you can let the cat go, and they will shake their heads and shake the filth out of their ears

4. Use a clean cotton ball or gauze to rub around your ears with medications or thrown dirt.

Notice: Please do not try to use cotton swabs to clean the cat’s ears. which is not only cannot clear the inner ear canal, but also push the dirt from the external ear canal into the inner ear canal, making cleaning more difficult. What's more, it's easy to damage the tissues in the ear canal and even Pierce the eardrum!

May your cat grows up with health!
Thank you very much!! I will be more careful to keep my cat!