How did you become a cat person or had your first cat?

Andrew89

Ritchie thecat
Young Cat
Purraise
I always wanted corgi, but I’m a bit lazy in the morning, so no way. My girlfriend always had a cat, so she convinced me one day. Second reason, that I saw British shorthair cat name Hosico in YouTube and fell in love. He is Scottish breed, but very close to my cat.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I was 3 years old I wanted a cat more than anything. So much so that I made up an imaginary cat. Every time anyone in the family would go to sit down, I would scream that they were going to sit on kitty. I kept this up until my family figured out it would be cheaper to just get me a cat instead of paying for a psychiatrist.

Andrew89

Ritchie thecat
Young Cat
Purraise
When I was 3 years old I wanted a cat more than anything. So much so that I made up an imaginary cat. Every time anyone in the family would go to sit down, I would scream that they were going to sit on kitty. I kept this up until my family figured out it would be cheaper to just get me a cat instead of paying for a psychiatrist.
Ha, it is good that they did that way for shure!

Pywacket21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Had 2 outside cats up north. DH wouldn’t allow them in the house. Always had dogs, currently have 2. Spookie is 12, Kris is 11. Won’t be around much longer. DH passed last year, and with the dogs getting older, I decided I couldn’t be petless when they went to the bridge. At my age a cat will be easier to care for, and DD has 2 cats. So I got a kitten last year. It’s been an interesting experience with him.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I begged my mom for a cat when I was very young.

By chance, we ended up getting Kitty from someone who's client was going to euthanize her because she shed. Long story short, she was a very traumatized cat who was afraid of literally everything.

Geul

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been living with cats all my life. My Mom loves cats, so I became a cat person when I was a child. After getting married, we adopted an adult cat (she was about 1.5 years old, my husband found her on the street). She has been living with us for more than 10 years.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I begged my mom for a cat when I was very young.

By chance, we ended up getting Kitty from someone who's client was going to euthanize her because she shed. Long story short, she was a very traumatized cat who was afraid of literally everything.
What a diabolical, morally bankrupt, soulless client. May Justice find them!
I hope Kitty's life from then on was and is one of safety, comfort, and LOVE.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
What a diabolical, morally bankrupt, soulless client. May Justice find them!
I hope Kitty's life from then on was and is one of safety, comfort, and LOVE.
I didn't find out about the client till I was a teenager from my mom, maybe she thought I was too young to understand. But Kitty would spend most of the time under the bed or behind the sofa. She would come out at night though and let us pet her but not pick her up.

She had an unusual kink in her tail the vet believed was caused by an untreated injury, it was almost like a half square. Her old owners definitely did some horrible things to her so I wouldn't be surprised if they did something to her tail.

I kind of wish Jackson Galaxy was around back then, she would have been an interesting candidate for his show.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't find out about the client till I was a teenager from my mom, maybe she thought I was too young to understand. But Kitty would spend most of the time under the bed or behind the sofa. She would come out at night though and let us pet her but not pick her up.

She had an unusual kink in her tail the vet believed was caused by an untreated injury, it was almost like a half square. Her old owners definitely did some horrible things to her so I wouldn't be surprised if they did something to her tail.

I kind of wish Jackson Galaxy was around back then, she would have been an interesting candidate for his show.
I advocate for capital punishment for anyone wilfully harming any cat, as was law in ancient Egypt, a far more highly evolved society than any currently on earth. As we haven't reached that level in any current society, I pray for these criminals to face the Justice they cannot escape. Crimes against the most innocent and blameless, unconditionally loving and loyal are the worst that can be perpetrated.