How did he propose?

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Since you do NOT specify who can answer this, I will show you just exactly how romantic us men can be. I left a post-it on the door leading to the garage. It said:

WHO WANTS TO GET MARRIED?

Later that night the woman I was living with said "Now what happens?" I asked her what she meant and she said she had answered my Post-it.

God, I'm romantic!
I think you've got DH topped for least romantic proposal. You two would get along great.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

And then what happened?
...And then I helped him move into another apartment, and the next night we went to a Lyle Lovett concert together, and he hated the new apartment so I helped him break the lease and move into a better place, and then I moved to Dallas and got back in touch with an old friend from high school, and then I introduced her to him and they got married and now they have a 14-year-old, and they're my very best friends in the world.

enuja

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My spouse was more interested in long-term commitments, including marriage, than I. The subject had come up quite a bit, even though we'd only been dating for a few months. He drove me down to my old college so I could visit friends (and introduce him to them!). We did a lot of "relationship talk" (it was fun, though!) on the drive down and I talked to my friends about it.

On the way back, when we stopped at a rest area, I asked him to walk with me to the grass under the trees, and there I proposed.

I didn't have a ring; I'd been talking about designing bands with carving, but that never happened. We've been married for 3 years now, and I never did get around to designing any rings (and I can't really wear rings or watches without getting irritated skin from the water and sweat trapped beneath them), so we didn't exchange rings.

It would be silly to exchange rings now, and, while I'm happy to conform to society to the extent of socially and legally describing myself as married, I'm fairly happy that I don't conform to society to the extent of being required to wear a certain kind of jewelry.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Husband proposed at the edge of the ocean, late at night under a full moon. There were a few clouds that made moonlight shadows. It was a beautiful night.

He got down on one knee and his hands were shaking so much I thought he was going to drop the ring into the sand!