How common is it for my cat o miscarry again?

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you havent brought her to the vet yet, please do just to ensure she is healthy. That is the best way to know if she will have any issues. Read up on the birthing process so you are prepared if need be, and fading kitten syndrome. I would also get KMR and bottles just incase she decides not to feed them.You do want to feed her kitten food and as much as she wants. Her and the kittens will eat double the amount of 1 cat. Hence why I always say it is cheaper to spay lol. Once her kittens are 6-8 weeks old get her spayed asap, and ensure she has no access to get out. Lots of females will even try to escape when there kittens are 2-3 weeks old, as that's when they will go into heat again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittycabbage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update:
Shes has thrown up twice today and i heard that they can throw up pre labour? Is this something to worry about? I think she is very far along..shes been nesting a little bit and i can feel babies move on both sides of her stomach. Im very paranoid she's not far enough along though. Any advice?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What has your vet said about her pregnancy and everything? When did they think she is due and how many babies did they think?

Kittycabbage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What has your vet said about her pregnancy and everything? When did they think she is due and how many babies did they think?
Ive talked with the vet and she said shed be due early to mid feb. Not sure on the exact amount of babies though.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
An x-ray or ultrasound would tell you how many kittens as well as an approximate gestational age. Have you considered doing either one?

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Please make sure you have homes for the babies already in mind.

If you have facebook or other social media you might want to reach out to your family and rl friends. Charge some money if you don't know the person as there are some wierd people out there who might hurt the babies.

Kittycabbage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please make sure you have homes for the babies already in mind.

If you have facebook or other social media you might want to reach out to your family and rl friends. Charge some money if you don't know the person as there are some wierd people out there who might hurt the babies.
I already have people who want kittens and of they don't all go im gonna find them the best possible home for tjem

Kittycabbage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is it normal for her teats to droop? Like they feel full and im not sure if thats her mammary glands filling or not?

Kittycabbage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: She just gave birth to 7 happy healthy kittens!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Seven kittens - wow! Feed mom plenty and give her a dish of kitten formula to drink every day. She needs the extra calcium for nursing.

Watch the kittens nursing very carefully because there is bound to be one or two runts with this size litter. If all are not gaining 6-10 grams daily the runts will need supplementing with formula. Daily weighing will help you to know.

Kittycabbage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Seven kittens - wow! Feed mom plenty and give her a dish of kitten formula to drink every day. She needs the extra calcium for nursing.

Watch the kittens nursing very carefully because there is bound to be one or two runts with this size litter. If all are not gaining 6-10 grams daily the runts will need supplementing with formula. Daily weighing will help you to know.
I am pretty sure that there are two runts and ive been making sure they get extra feedings and such. They weighed less than the rest of the kittens. Im going to the pet store now to get stuff for momma and kittens.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww wow, seven that's a lot, momma will be happy that you will be helping. And please ensure that not only momma is spayed but her kittens get fixed too. Even if she gets out (which she will try to escape, sometimes as early as when the kittens are only 2 weeks old they will go back into heat and want out ) please just get her spayed once the kittens are 8 weeks old. At this point, you can just free feed her kitten dry food and feed a mix of wet food/kmr a few times a day. :)

Last edited by a moderator: