How Can I Tell....?

KyaraRose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 6 month old loves to be around us. Even if she doesn't cuddle, she needs to be in the same room. But tonight she can't be in the same room... I think she should go to the vet, bf thinks I'm crazy, but she's not herself and he sees it too... I think she's in pain and sick, he thinks she's just pissed off at us and needs to be alone... Who's right? Am I an over worrier? How do you tell the difference if I am? Please help.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I vote on take her to the vet if it last longer than a day or if she appears dehydrated. I would do a body check on her where I touch everywhere just in case. Cats hide when they get sick. So if nothing happened and she is still acting weird I would pay 50$ for peace of mind.

Sarah hid, I found her in the garage and took her inside. I noticed her tail was down (she always walked with it up.) I tried to comfort her. I mentioned my concern to my mom. We took her in the next day. She had been hit by a car!!!! The last vertebrate in her spine was broken and her bladder was 3-4 times larger than normal because she couldn't pee on her own!!! I was patting her but, they shaved her to reveal DARK purple bruises all over her hips ... she never let on I was hurting her once! *She lived a long happy life peeing everywhere she slept. Eventually a couple years later we amputated her tail because it was getting sores on it from her dragging it. We had to give her enemas for 6 months and squeeze/express her 3-4 times a day for a couple of years. We called her the $5,000 cat ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KyaraRose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I read that. That article is what worried me. She has most of the symptoms. I want to take her...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KyaraRose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, I should say I paid to talk to an online vet and they told me I shouldn't worry and she doesn't need to go in

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's hard being a kitty "parent", especially for us worrying types. Glad you got reassurance from an online vet. Keep an eye on her, though. And call your own vet, if you think something isn't right.

Erinlinkcappy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The other day I came home and my cat was being really sleepy. I tried to play with him. Nope. I tried to move him around. Wasn’t interested. After much coaxing he ate some mince. So I was like “he’s fine”.

Several hours later still sleeping. Picked him up and he had trouble jumping back on the lounge. So very tired. Was frustrated because now it was midnight on a weekend but ended up driving him an hour to the vet and they said his fever was very high. He was pretty sick. I’m glad I followed my gut and took him.