How Can I Help My Recently Adopted Cat To Adopt To My Home

LAL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My soon to be 5 year old was adopted last October after several shelter months. She trusted me long before she was comfortable in her new realm. Comfort her when there are new noises, she won't know which pose a threat. [I warned mine before running the paper shredder.] Yours already trusts you to do belly rubs; you are her protector now and will soon become her servant.]

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS and bless you for adopting your beautiful girl. I agree that with time, she will be fine. You might want to try putting a little blanket on the sofa. I did this with Daisy, and somehow she knew it was hers. Or maybe she just took it. Whatever, the case, she loves having a blanket to call her own.

KatKnapper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi. Thank you Goodfella for adopting. She sounds amazing at heart. Big dogs can sometimes be intimidating. Imagine a young but still huge female Pit that's still new to you, laying her paws on your lap as you sit, then laying her head on your chest over your heart? It was humbling.

Please watch this video. I think it will give you assurance, confidence, and patience as you help her to not fear and also be confident in her new home. Soon as she grows into her new life, she will begin to explore every inch of her new home and make it her own. She will let you still live there of course. hehe :yess:

Please search Youtube for "Kind Vet eats breakfast in cage with scared rescue dog" posted by USA Today.

Mealtime is an awesome time to slowly remove barriers that separate us human and feline kinds. Have your mealtime along beside her once a day. Best of love and happiness to the both of you.