How can I give one of my cats his own space and keep the others out?

photogirl843

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My saga continues between my 3 cats. Bowie, who is 9, is a very nervous cat, who does not stand up for himself. He needs some confidence building. I had one shelf I put up, but Calvin the bratty teenage kitten is regularly kicking him off the shelf and stealing it. When Bowie gets down and goes somewhere else, Calvin will often go after him and chase him away from that too. 

How can I give Bowie a spot that is all his own that the other two don't have? He needs somewhere that he can get away to that is only his, but I don't really know how to do that because Calvin will run him away from everywhere he is if he wants to be a butthead.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only thing I can think of is to set up a room with a microchip cat flap that's programmed to only admit Bowie.

Opening up vertical space will definitely help ease tensions, but it doesn't offer a way to create private space (unless one cat is much more agile or significantly smaller than the others).

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
The only thing I can think of is to set up a room with a microchip cat flap that's programmed to only admit Bowie.

Opening up vertical space will definitely help ease tensions, but it doesn't offer a way to create private space (unless one cat is much more agile or significantly smaller than the others).
I was thinking the same thing. I can't think of anything else

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap: VERY nice :bigthumb:

:cross: that it does the trick :vibes:

Just thinking, it might be worth trying Bowie on some Composure. Maybe if he's more relaxed/less anxious Calvin won't feel the same need to go after him. It certainly can't hurt ;)