How Bad, And In What Stage Is This Cat Corneal Ulceration? (video)

tutuchen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How bad, and in what stage is this cat Corneal Ulceration?, does anyone know what may have caused it and/or how to help it get better?

This just seemed to have happened in the last day or two or maybe even sooner... She used to have perfect eyes until very recently.

=====

and is, or could, this be related to URI?

(see previous postings : Is This Noise Asthma Or Allergies? )

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don’t see anything wrong with her eyes? They look beautiful. What are you referring to? The veins at the bottom? Those are normal. All cats have those. I didn’t notice anything else though. Granted your video shows up pretty tiny for me so I could be missing something.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tutuchen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Corneal Ulceration in Cats | Pets4Homes

This is in reference to an internet posting of this "corneal-ulceration-in-cats"
I magnified the reference image and emphasised it in red circling
If you zoom in you seem the "veins" around the circling the border edge of the eyes

I don't recall our cat ever having this until very recently. I used to look into her eyes all the time and even took pictures close up of her eyes and she never had these before...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tutuchen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nevermind, you are correct

I checked some baseline reference photos from last year when she wasn't sick and it seems like she always had these so this means it isn't abnormal for her, I must have misrecalled....

thanks

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All of my kitties have veins in their eyes. When I was little I thought they were worms so don’t feel bad lol.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am not seeing a corneal ulcer either...the ones I have seen have been in dogs and have been fairly spectacular. Having said that, there are superficial ones, but I would not want to guess for you whether or not your cat has that. Her eyes certainly do not look like the dogs' eyes with the ulcers.