How Active Are Your British Shorthairs?

HungryPandaCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've read that british shorthairs tend to be less active and just wanted to see if this is mostly true for other bsh owners.

I have a one year old female bsh, and she's a total couch potato :p. I've tried a bunch of different types of toys, and the only one she would run for is the laser toy. I see her as more as an intellectual type; she likes to play with puzzle toys, like the ones with toys hidden in a box with holes.

What are yours like?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My Ruby girl is just a regular Domestic Shorthair tabby, so I can't help with your BSH kitty question.

Here's a TCS article on them, that might be helpful:
British Shorthair Cats

Also I found this older thread: British short hair (BSH)

Here's an excerpt, which does make it sound like they're not super active. ;)

"A friend of mine who bred BSH's calls them "doorstops" cause they are pretty laid back and like posing in one position for a long time - like sitting in a window watching outside for hours"

Can you post a picture of your "couch potato"? :hearthrob:
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post :camera:

MagicCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our BSH is a big grey lazy lump! She just slumps herself somewhere different every hour or so and very rarely likes to be stroked or picked up. Only on her terms and normally late at night will she approach for pets. She likes to chase a foil ball and a piece of string but only for a few mins max.