Housekeeper concerns & questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I agree with this. I started my own cleaning business a little over a yr. ago, & have learned that by the job is best. Once I have finished my work, I want to be able to leave & not feel obligated to hang around filling time.

That would make me feel like I needed to be paid more, for doing extra work. (outside of the normal job duties)  I price by the job. I only do one a day, because It's hard work, (if your doing a good job), (but I can do do smaller jobs in a day if I need to).  so that's what your paying for, as well as someone you can trust. 

Most of my jobs are $100.00 ( most houses about 2,000 sq. ft. or so).

A couple are only &75.00 because they are a little smaller, or same, but I don't have to clean the guest room & bathroom, unless they have company, & then they will usually pay me a little extra for that.

I have a little larger house that I only do once a month, so it is more, (& bigger), so that one is between $150.00-$175.00 depending on how much they want me to do. 

In one yr. of starting this,  I have a full schedule of 9 biweeklies, & 2 once a month clients. ALL through referrals from each other! 
Well what it comes down to is $7.50 an hour, but I give a flat rate of $15 a session, and she comes in from 11 A - 1 PM Tuesdays and Fridays. She never has trouble filling her spot, and on the days she gets done earlier- It doesn't bother me. As long as all the work is done. If she ended up needing to stay past 1 pm for whatever reason, then I would add extra to her weekly check. I wish I could afford to have somebody come in 3-4 times a week, but this is what I offered the pay as... and she agreed to work for that, so pay rate is subjective based on who is working and what they are willing to do. She literally lives 1 block away, and so far is working out amazing!!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great that you found someone to do it for that rate, & who lives so close too.

My clients only have me come every other week, or I have 2 that are once a month, so I am there anywhere from 2-4 hrs. depending on the house size/job.