Horny boy cat

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
My 13 year old boy has been neutered for 12 years and lately has begun acting very horny. He has tried to mount my spayed female and has even tried to hump me while I sit on the chair. He jumps up and starts humping my leg and thigh.

He was at the vet a week ago for his shots and had a senior panel done. Came back normal with clean bill of health.

With spring here, the neighbors have started letting their cats run loose could this be why he's acting this way?

He is an indoor cat.

Micaela227

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, how are you? I also have a 13 year old cat, he is turning 14 next month. He was neutered when he was 1 or 2, I'm not sure, but he never had any kind of "sexual behavior", until recently, when we adopted a female kitten. She is around six months old, but she is tiny and the vets says she doesn't weight enough to be spayed yet. Well, she is currently in her second heat, and my male cat runs after her everytime she starts screaming, sometimes he ever bites her and gets "in position", but never actually does anything. Is funny and weird, and kind of embarrassing because as I said, he never acted like that before. Maybe one of your neighbor's cats is female and in heat, and that affecting your boy as well.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
IndyJones IndyJones did the senior panel include a urinalysis? Sometimes a bladder infection can cause odd sensations for the boys.