Hope for the Best But Prepare for the Worst

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today's update:

The health food store only had small packages of organic non-fat powdered milk at a high price. Shoprite had no dried milk at all, and the service rep had no idea when more might be in. Will try a different grocery store but not today. They did have some bleach, BTW

And, following along with Norachan Norachan I bought a 5 pound bag of very nice looking carrots for a mere $2.99. Green cabbage was 49 cents/pound. Reasonably modest but the price will be even lower closer to March 17.

And edited to add that today Chewey's sent me an email. Both FF Classic tender beef feast and turkey and giblets were somewhat discounted today. So I ordered 3 boxes of each flavor which will supply the boys for 36 days above and beyond what's already on hand.

Hlee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I stocked up on some things also just in case. Extra cat food , tp, paper towels, sanitizers, some food, prescriptions.
I also ordered masks weeks ago and still not here.
I got things just in case I get stuck at home for awhile or so I just don't have to go out if people start getting sick around here.
I will use it all eventually anyway and I guess it makes me feel like I have a little more control.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Exactly, H Hlee Not just a little more control. Also a little more safety.

Hlee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Exactly, H Hlee Not just a little more control. Also a little more safety.
Yes. I Just don't feel like enough is known yet about this virus so I'm cautious.
Some say it's no worse than the flu and I hope so but I don't believe that is a known fact yet .

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once again let me say that it is not being infected that has me concerned. It is the disruption. Think of Wuhan's empty streets, people allowed out of their homes - one person in family - every three days. Someone in hazmat gear leaving a bag of food by the front door (contents unknown) and scurrying away. Will it come to this? I sincerely hope not. But if it does I'd rather use the shelf-stable preps I've stocked up, eat familiar food, stay at home with my stash of yarn and crochet, so efforts can go to those who did not prepare.

But considering Wal-Mart empty of bleach yesterday, today Shop-Rite out of dry milk, for goodness sakes. H Hlee you and I are not the only ones thinking "Time to prep!"

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Doing my mom’s grocery shopping today and don’t see a single person that appeared to be stocking up. Lots of bleach on the shelves. Could be though because it is winter in Minnesota people are already pretty stocked up.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've seen one person with a mask on in the various communities I've been in, and my local grocery stores are stocked as well.

Hlee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow. Things have really changed here in a few short weeks.
Stay safe and strong everyone.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope for the best, I said, but prepare for the worst. If this is not yet the worst, it's close. I saw a graphic of the number of cases in the United States. In the last few days they have been rising, asymptotically in New York. I do not beleive there is any way to now flatten the curve.