Hootie is acting strange

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has been more clingy than usual, preferring to sleep close to me when normally she doesn't. She has also been more jumpy and is more easily startled by a sudden noise. Other than those two things she is fine though. Eating, drinking, bathroom, and play habits are all normal. She's not lethargic or less active but seems a little mopey. I wonder if the chilly, rainy weather that has come with Autumn is causing it. 

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something has happened that is causing her anxiety.  You may never know what it was or is.  It could be anything.  Try Comfort Zone diffusers or the Calming Collar.  It has really helped my cats in times of stress.  And just be patient and indulge her.  Try to reassure her.  Watch her really well and make sure no physical ailments are taking place for sure. If so, consult her vet. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It must have been the rainy weather because today it's sunny out and she's WILD haha running all over the house like a maniac. 

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe?   A couple of years ago, we had a bad tornado where I live and I had to get the cats to the storm shelter. They were pretty freaked out by the really high winds, storm sirens (right by our house, so super loud) and the hail.... For about a month after, they were still pretty freaked.  Feliway had never produced much, if any, results for me... But, I got them all the calming collar and a couple of Comfort Zone diffusers plugged in for good measure.  They were OK.  But, for awhile, if any rain happened, they would be so scared, they'd hide thinking another tornado was coming.... Before that, they LOVED storms.  They get all excited and race to and fight over the bay windows to watch!  It took them a long while, but they love storms once more... All except my fraidy cat, Tyrion.  He hates storms and he wasn't even alive at the time of the tornado and trauma of rushing to the shelter!