Home care when gone

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Leaving for a few days soon and was trying to find someone to care for my cat,she has diabetus and needs two shots a day,any of you know of any relaible websites with reliable people that i can choose from? thx

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try posting on the FelineDiabetes.com message board. There are members all over the world so there's likely someone who lives near you and could help out or recommend a local pet sitter for you.

You can also ask the vet techs at your vet's office. Many vet techs do pet sitting on the side. They will be familiar on how to properly measure and give insulin, something a regular pet sitter might not be with.

Care.com lists pet sitters but again, many may not be familiar with or experienced in giving insulin and medicines. That's something you don't want to risk. Your cat may be over or under dosed with insulin.

Boarding the cat with the vet is an option. At least there your cat will get the proper amount of insulin twice a day and his blood glucose levels monitored.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That looks like its just for dogs  lol

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
no luck on feline dibetus,dont think my vet offers boarding,they say they would put her in hospice. 

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can your vet recommend another vet in your area who does boarding? I boarded both my cats a couple months ago for a week, and they both need daily medicine, one cat needs medicine twice a day. They both did great.

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im going to stop in tomorrow and see,if not i guess ill stop at another vet in town and see if they can help???

gracethecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Boarding can get expensive! Something I do with my kitties is play MUSIC FOR CATS (this can be purchased online) on a timer set to play during certain times at the day. MUSIC FOR CATS is amazing! It relaxes, soothes and comforts our furry felines almost as soon as it is played! This is a sure way to make sure your cats are comfortable and happy while you are gone. Of course if this method doesn't work for you, than the best alternative is to board them!

gracethecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry I didn't read the part about the kitty having diabetes

red dog

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not sure where you live, but I was able to find a pet service (cat/dog feeding or walking) locally just by doing a Google search. They had a website references, and were dependable, even texting me status. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's one of the reasons we haven't had a vacation in years. Who to trust to take care of our kitties?

Good luck. I think the vet suggestion is a good one.