Hoarse meowing

OwnedByScout

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just noticed yesterday that my cat Scout is meowing very hoarsely. Almost like croaking. The day before he threw up a little. Today his voice is completely gone. He is eating and drinking water just like he used to. No change in that. He is lethargic but we do live in a tropical country. I figured he may be like that because of summer. With the lockdown, it is difficult to get to the vet so any idea in what this is would be appreciated.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
We’ve had a few hoarse voices before, mostly explained. We had a cat with separation anxiety that yowled when we weren’t home. After a few days away we would come home to a hoarse voiced cat. Unlikely with the lockdown, maybe.

Our current kitty Olive got a hoarse voice before from eating a lot of kitty grass. I think the grass irritated her throat. Could
It be something like that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

OwnedByScout

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've rarely seen him yowl! And he is very content when we aren't there :) With us being at home, we've been keeping an eye on his eating and playing, etc. Nothing unusual there. Maybe dust? One factor I missed - We rescued a stray kitty just before the lockdown started. The kitten and my cat have really bonded well. She keeps trying to suckle him. And she is not vaccinated yet but his are up to date.