Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat Squeek! is eleven or twelve years old. The other day, my roommate discovered a softish lump on his chest, confirmed by a friend of ours. When I got home from work, I could find no lump, and the next morning, neither could my roommate. Fast forward a couple of days, and now his right arm is slightly swollen. He does not seem to be in any discomfort and is acting normally. I want to observe him over the weekend before calling the veterinarian, because, honestly, I have no clue what to tell her...Anyone ever seen something like this?

manemelissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am also dealing with a lump issue in my cat. It's different than yours, but I have read and been told by the vet that most of the time soft, fluid-y lumps can be either cysts or lipomas (fatty tumors) which typically aren't cancerous. Harder, firm lumps you need to worry about more. However, lumps really should be checked out by a vet, not only because they have experience with all kinds of tumors, but also so that they can document any changes in the lump. I'm wondering if maybe your cat's was some kind of inflammatory response since it was followed by the swollen arm. If the swelling isn't gone in a day or two, I would definitely take your cat in to the vet.

Also, make sure to feel for that lump still just in case. Make sure when you feel for it that you get the cat in the same position/posture that it was when your roommate felt it. Sometimes if a cat is in a different position, tissue moves around and you can't feel it as well.

Hope things go well with Squeek! <3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, the lump came and went and came again on the arm. It is soft and doesn't seem to cause him discomfort, but I'm calling the veterinarian to-morrow to be on the safe side. Its puzzling because lumps should either stay or go, not pop up at a whim?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I took Squeek to the veterinarian this morning. All the swelling was due to heart failure. The right side of his heart was failing and the fluid was draining out. Unfortunately, the only thing to be done was to put him down.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I took Squeek to the veterinarian this morning. All the swelling was due to heart failure. The right side of his heart was failing and the fluid was draining out. Unfortunately, the only thing to be done was to put him down.
I'm so sorry for your loss. So tragic and unexpected.  
  My thoughts are with you. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh I'm so sorry. How unexpected. I hope he wasn't in any discomfort. May he rest in peace until you meet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.