Hissing Cat

carlypascoe66

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello
I have recently moved house with my cat and for the first 2 weeks he has been completely fine with it.
He's always been a bit of a play fighter but last night he was play fighting with me and when my mam came over he hissed at her . He's never hissed at anyone before ( apart from the vet ) then this morning my dad came in and he hissed at him and hid.
I don't know if he's injured as he did fall from the wardrobe but he seems to be walking and playing and eating fine.
I'm just a bit worried as he's never been a hissing cat before.
Any ideas?

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I think just some carryover stress of a new place and then visitors. While he may have seen your parents before, he never saw them at this place so he is a little nervous and that is all the hiss meant.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carlypascoe66

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your reply. It's so out of character for him. I was worried something was really wrong with him. Iv bought a feliway plug in to see if that will help ease him

Catherine28

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My new kitten hissed at me tonight when i picked her up. I got her Friday. She's exploring heaps and very playful. What are bad behaviors i should watch out for?