His Turn

alphakitty

Beeqie - Sly Kitty - 2017
Young Cat
Purraise
I want to share a kitty story or two....

Preamble...I love kitties, they are wonderful little characters. growing up, we always
had at least one or two kitties. My mother loved kitties. My dad was born and raised
on a farm with 9 brothers and sisters. When he was around. we always had dogs and
cats. At home we were raised around goats, chickens, pigs, dogs, and kitties.

My wife and I of 42 years, have always had two or more kitties, and were blessed to
share our medium size home & our large spacious yards with those family members.
Through the years, almost all of the kitties with whom we have had the pleasure of
sharing our live's journey, we trapped, neutored and socialized, from our neighborhood.

Over the years I've probably trapped, neutored and released, something akin to 200ish
kitties? They come and go in waves. Neutoring them is very good, who desires to see
starving, sick kitties simply because some irresponsible dumbass decides that they no
longer care to have a kitty. I actually saw a guy in a car, open the door, put the kitty on
pavement and then drive off. What a jerk. I caught that little kitty and we were friends
for many years.

Prior to my beloved wife's passing last year, due to CoVid, over a period of three years,
I had trapped and neutored 10 kitties, of which 9 were from one mommy, via four different
litters. Of those 9 kitties, we brought in 4 kitties, Baby, Blackie, Beekie, and Brendie, all of which
have indoor/outdoor priviledges and three are outdoor only 'community' kitties, --Rusty,
New 'Mommy' and Spooky. They are all short hair, 6 black, and one unrelated(?) brendle
kitty. Two are males, and the rest are all females.

In 2018, I went in for a one day gall bladder surgery, but things went sideways,
and they kept me 2 1/2 months. When I returned home, five of the outdoor kitties had
wandered off. The very kind next door lady, was putting food out daily for the kitties, but
sadly, apparently, not enough for all of them. There was only one outdoor kitty, Rusty,
a male, hanging around. Over the next few months, two of the others returned, one male,
Spooky, and Mommy, a female. I miss the other kitties, Silky and Split, I keep
hoping that they too will return someday?

So that's the family...me and 7 kitties. I let the 4 indoor/outdoor kitties out everyday, when
its not too cold or windy. I generally let them out around 10am. I leave the glass sliding door
open wide enough so that they can come in for water and snacks, and around 3pm I close
the door. At 4:30pm I stick my head out the door and I call them, hollering,
"Brendie, Baby, Blacky, Beekie!" I repeat a couple of times, and then I loudly whistle
for them. Typically within five minutes, one, by one, they show up at the back glass sliding
door waiting to be let in. I've heard that cats can't be called. Even the community kitties
respond when I call them. With exception of Spooky, I frequently pick up and-or pet Rusty
and Mommy. So while they are community kitties, they are not 'pheral'. Eventually Spooky
will begin to trust me. My wife repeatedly demonstrated that she could tame any wild animal
using the feed bag!! It worked with me.

The outdoor only community kitties, I set food out on the front porch every morning, and at
around 6pm I pick up the food. The racoons and oppossums will eat a week's worth of
kitty food every night, if I don't pick it up. They are a pain the butt.

My inside boy kitty, Beeky, (the avatar photo kitty) is a fairly small short hair black kitty who is
very expressive and full of character. He does have a tendency to enjoy bullying my little female
Brendie kitty, but I've been working to indoctrinate him to knock of that rude behavior, by locking
him in a bedroom every time I see him bullying her. Things are improving. I've learned to never
spank or hit a kitty. All it takes is once, to break that trust, and you'll play hell to trying to regain it.

Recently, Beeky, my little boy kitty was up on my computer bench in my laboratory where I
was running my homebrew delta 3D printer making a replacement part for my car. I happen to
have a three foot / 1 m long flexible metal ruler.

Everytime Beeky turned around, I slapped him on the butt with the ruler. I was just messing
with him, teasing him, he likes to fight, and so once in awhile I'll pick a fight with him, which he
loves. He kicks with his hind legs, claws, chews on me, but only once in awhile, he'll accidentally
break the skin, draw a little blood. Heh heh heh. I adore that kitty, he is a special character and
male kitties are a differnt breed so-to-speak. So I kept, gently, slapping him on the butt with that
ruler. And then to my great surprise, he walked up within two feet of me, looked me right in the
eyes, turned around, lifted his tail and peed on me!!!! Heh heh heh. He'd had enough.

It was his turn.

May all Kitties be healthy, happy and at peace,

Alpha Kitty

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
They certainly have a way of telling us that we are really annoying them, don’t they? I once had a new adoptee that came with ear mites so every day I had to clean her ears out which she hated. And at least once a day she came and peed by my chair and continued to do so until her ear treatments were done.

Last edited: