Hill's s/d wet replaced by c/d?

F+V

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Figaro will be 4 years old in 4 months and so far hasn't had any illness. He's been fed homemade raw meal since kittenhood.
Recently, I've noticed increased urination in small volume and yesterday his urine was ever so slightly pinkish on the litter. He also seems to be drinking more water but then it is summer here in Australia and he's been out all day.

I remember reading this blog Tales from the Urinary Trenches: CatNutrition's School of Hard Knocks and started worrying. He normally pees outside in the backyard but when he does in the litter box, I was always awed by the size of his bladder. So I know something is not quite right. I should take him to the vet asap before it gets worse but knowing how much he detests going to the vet, a part of me wants to observe him a little longer and feed him Hill's s/d wet food in the meantime. But all I can find is c/d. Was s/d discontinued?

Last edited:

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure on that. I found it confusing. I will say get to the vet as you plan to my cat just blocked up.
I would think s/d should help for now

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I think s/d is no more. C/d has taken over. Are you guessing he has struitive crystals and planning ahead? Though if he's peeing there is no blockage.. It could be uti or stress. The best way to tell is keep him inside and use an uncovered litterbox so you can see him pee. I'm not sure if SD and cd are the same thing

Last edited:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I get my cat in a carrier by leaving one in my bedroom closet,pick her up,shut the door
CD is prescription food to desolve struitive crystals so you may not need that

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

F+V

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: he is fine. I was woken up by the sound of him using the litter at 4am and saw a pond of urine. will keep observing