High Quality Eyes

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Bob! Yes and he still hasn't grown into his gangly legs!!
FaBEAR FaBEAR - Relax; Bob looked all out of proportion until he hit his growth spurt just before he turned five, and then all those sharp Norwegian angles got their nice round corners as he went up from the mid twenties to about thirty-six pounds.

Bob now says that he is, "perfectly proportioned," and hey - let's be honest - who's gonna argue with him?

bobandwhitetip0.jpg

If Tiger's as much Maine Coon as he appears, he has years still to grow.

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
FaBEAR FaBEAR - Relax; Bob looked all out of proportion until he hit his growth spurt just before he turned five, and then all those sharp Norwegian angles got their nice round corners as he went up from the mid twenties to about thirty-six pounds.

Bob now says that he is, "perfectly proportioned," and hey - let's be honest - who's gonna argue with him?

View attachment 250576
If Tiger's as much Maine Coon as he appears, he has years still to grow.
Indeed he does have years to go. I can't believe Bob's growth spurt at 5 years old! That's a shockingly impressive size!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="tarasgirl06
The oh-so-handsome Elvis:cloud9:
Elvis's eyes look grey, are they? They seem to match his furcoat. Beautiful expression in those eyes whatever the color may be.[/QUOTE]
They're green. He has the quintessential blue/cream coloring -- green eyes, brick-colored nose, and the soft blue/cream coloring.
IMG_0615.PNG

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Furbalsmom and Jayflower. Cucumella is still so present in my mind that sometimes when I am talking to Sombra I call her Cucumella.
This happens with us, too. Elvis looks nothing like angel Sammi, who also had brown eyes, but sometimes I have to stop myself from calling him Sammi. I think because they are/were both very affectionate, big, warm, territorial males.
*Your pictures of Cucumella are beautiful. As was she.*
IMG_2256.JPG
*Angel Sammi, my beautiful brown-eyed boy* :redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl, in the photo in your post 156 Elvis's eyes look grey. I love their expression irrespective of their colour.
I find that cats' eyes can look very changeable. And the camera absolutely DOES lie. But their eyes can look different in different light, and against different colored backgrounds.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sammi was indeed so majestic looking and the expression in those eyes so powerful. I bet he had a strong personality. I find that cats are the most expressive pets. I like dogs and horses for instance but they cannot convey their messages by looking at us like cats do, I don't think.
I agree -- cats are the most expressive, and reportedly the most sensitive beings, even more than humans. Sammi was adopted into the family at age 14. He had been an "only cat" of a senior couple in Beverly Hills! and they wanted to find him a home with a younger, stronger person as they were having some health issues. So Sammi joined our multi-cat family. Long story short, it took about a year for him to really adapt, because he was used to being the ONLY cat and having things his way. I actually had to use a broom to pry him off of Calo, the resident alpha male, a couple of times. But eventually, they had a "detente" of sorts. Sammi left us at age 21. He was truly a very special little man, as was Calo, who left us before Sammi did at 17-18 (he found us as an adult).

IMG_2332 (1).JPG
Angels Calo and Sammi, close at last :yess::cloud9::redheartpump::redheartpump: