High Ph In Raw Fed Cat

Lbatton26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry if posted to the wrong place . I have a kitty Everly who was diagnosed with a uti and struvite crystals last year at the time she had just turned 6 months old. It took 5 months to clear the crystals and for her to stop urinating around the house. She’s never had kibble ( i found her when she was between 1-2 weeks old) and never fish . I feed small batch ,primal and occasionally all provide raw foods plus occasionally canned food rawz. Even with high moisture foods i still mix in water to all of her meals so I was shocked when I had to take her in to be tested again and her ph is back to 9 ! I won’t put her on a prescription diet but don’t understand how it could be high again. So I was just wondering if anyone has any similar experience or can suggest any articles etc to point me in the right direction to the best diet for my little girl. Everything I’ve found so far just suggests doing what Im already doing. Any suggestions other than hills science diet prescription food is greatly appreciated. Sorry so long

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh.
When Tommy blocked on kibble, his pH was 8.
I moved him to canned, then raw, and after two months on raw he blocked again, but his pH was 7.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lbatton26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Huh.
When Tommy blocked on kibble, his pH was 8.
I moved him to canned, then raw, and after two months on raw he blocked again, but his pH was 7.
The vet said she didn’t have crystals just high ph right now. It’s so confusing thought with her diet there was no way she’d have issues again

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He didn't have crystals on the second block either but likely cystitis gunking things up.
I'm not understanding how hers got that high on raw food.
Is this a commercial food or are you making it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lbatton26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He didn't have crystals on the second block either but likely cystitis gunking things up.
I'm not understanding how hers got that high on raw food.
Is this a commercial food or are you making it?
Its a commercial raw mostly small batch and primal. We also ocassionally use all provide raw but not often enough to do anything. She also gets rawz canned cat food a few times a week.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry I'm being redundant. You mentioned in your original post.
I think we've fed small batch. Serves me for taking a Benadryl...
Those a pretty quality foods.

Rosepud

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Apparently magnesium in food can make their pH higher so it's best to find a food with no magnesium if possible for cats with urinary issues along with an ash content less than 2%

Rosepud

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also apparently things like apawthecary tinkle tonic and uromaxx are helpful for pH balance in cats, but I personally have no experience.