High Performance Food for cats

mazspeed

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, I own 4 cats and 3 with wild blood. Here is the diet I give them and I was curious on what the food experts think of the diet I give to my 3 boys and 1 girl. The girl is the oldest a 3 years of age just for point of reference.
The dry food they get a mix of "Wellness" and "Royal Canin" adult food special #33. I was going with "Wellness" and "APD" but APD has a lot of fat in it.
There wet food that they get every night is "Pro Plan" and either "Innova" or "Natural Balance" I like to give them some different foods so that they don't get bored with one of the other. I was curious if there is any other Good foods on the market that I might try with these special high performance cats?

Thanks in Advance
Mike

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
High performance cats? How many RPMs do you get from them? (rpm-revolutions per minuet)
I like wellness and felidae dry. Canned i feed a variety of upper end brands. I havent found one i like better than the other. Wysong canned has the most meat in it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mazspeed

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I say high performance cats because the 2 Chausie's that I have are F1's There dad's were both "Jungle cats" and the mom's were F4 Bengal on one and the other had an F2 mom. Very wild and very VERY active. I also have an F4 Bengal that is very active at times too, but not like the Chausie's. Max the big cat is very active and very big so I feed them pretty much the same. I also cook chicken for them and mix it in there foods and also sometimes put in some "Missing Link" vitamin and mineral supplements for them.

Cheers
Mike

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow you need to post pics ! I feed Life's Abundance all natural with Human grade meats and no corn, etc to my bengal - he thrives on it and his fur just glizens!

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very beautiful high performance kittys!
I went to your car site, you do know about high performance! now back to the cat food....

mazspeed

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah there great cats. Agro and Max are so great. I can get Max to jump on my sholder on command. He's so smart. I had to child prof the house because of him. Agro just finds where I am and snuggles up to me.. Max does the same thing. they both can get enough of us..

Cheers
Mike

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi My name is sherral46,I never saw a bengal intill I joined cat site,what do the numbers mean F4 ect. ?
Thanks Sherral [I am always trying to learn]

mazspeed

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
F1 means that the father or mother was a wild cat of some blood line. For instance my 2 Chausie's are F1's. There Dad was a living Jungle Cat. A jungle cat is much like a Lynx or a Bobcat but different in it's own way. F2 means that one of it's grand parents was a Jungle cat or other Wild type cat. F3's are even farther down the line. My 2 cats are 50% Jungle cat and maybe 8 percent Bengal. The Bengals are from Asian Leopard cats. They only get up to 9 to 12 pounds but are beautiful and mixed with the right cat, you get markings like Agro, my F4. The farther down you go in the wild cat bloodline you will have a higher number. You can get 75% Jungle cats for instance but there normally to wild for the house, and will destroy it.
A Savannah Cat's parent or parents will be from a Serval that was also mated to a good normal cat, and they breed those with Bengals to get the wild markings that they have.
Jungle cats can get up to 40 pounds on average and Servals have been known to reach 55, but 40-45 is average for a male.
I hope I explained this correctly for you.
What Breeders are wanting to do is make a cat that is bigger and more exotic looking, and that's why they will cross these cats to get a bigger more athletic, exotic looking cat.
You do however have to be careful as these cats are stronger then your typical 10-20 pound cat and can inflict harm on other animals.
An F1 or F2 are pure hunters and will be much more aggressive around dinner time and play time.

Cheers
Mike

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! That does explain it! I don't think I could raise one I have 6 small grandchildern.And 5 Siamese cats,one that is about to have baby's!They are beautful!{your cats]Of Course so are mine!

mazspeed

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep, that is why we feed our cats nothing but "human grade" foods. If it's not good enough for me, it's certainly not good enough for my cats.

Cheers
Mike