Hi.. I'm caring for 18-20+ cats every day...

LoverOfAnimals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there

I've been caring for a group of outdoor cats for a long while. We have a mixture of friendly, semi friendly, skittish and unapproachable cats. There's a bunch of different personalities to juggle.
I'm providing for 18-20 + cats & as the summer months progress onward the volume only has the potential to increase.
We started out with 3 cats one hot summer day and with time it has since grown. I've been searching for help for what seems like F O R E V E R. Desperately trying to get them, at the very least, fixed but have not found any assistance.

A couple of days ago I got in contact with a lady named Lisa. She told me that she will help fix the cats at no cost. She is part of a program who helps people with cats in my situation. I explained to her that these are NOT my cats and that all I am trying to do is help and care for them because I don't have it in me to just look them over and keep on walking by as they continue on suffering. Especially when they are wailing and repeatedly crying out for food ,water +etc.

I can't afford to fix them out of pocket. Not on top of the amounts and cost for their cat food and supplies. It's only myself and elderly father who help the cats, when he is able to.
It is extremely difficult to keep up with the need and demand. I do my all out best but with the volume of kitties I'm caring for each day, it's next to near impossible to maintain their wet/dry food& supplies, to have readily available for them.

Assisting, helping, feeding, and saving animals in crisis is a literal thankless labor of love and there aren't enough of us. It goes beyond time consuming.
At the end of each day those little furry faces always push and drive me to do better than I did the day before.
Little by little, I have been placing them in shelters/homes.
Still the cats have to eat in the process of getting there.
I've found that trying to maintain a positive attitude along the way IS a GREAT help.

Someone said to me how about making an Amazon wish list to better help and serve the cats?
Now I'll be the first to say that I'm far from tech savvy but if in doing so it will alleviate me and aid us in keeping a flow of cats food and supplies for them, then you betcha, I'm on board!

I looked into it and with some help from the amazon employee our kitty wishlist was born, Yayy!! 🐾🐾

I'm hoping some kind folks can assist and support the cats and I in making a heartfelt contribution from our amazon wishlist. The cats and I would be oh SO very grateful for your compassion and loving support☆
If we all pull and work together we can manage to keep these fur babies full each day♡
Your helping hands & kind hearts matter!! They make a difference in the lives of the cats, seeing to it that they're able to survive☆

Our Amazon wishlist link is as follows:

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/332EJL9LLH085?ref_=wl_share&tag=thecatsite

Thank you so much for your time and help!

P.S. I've included just a couple of quick still photographs of some of the furs that I help and tend to each day. I have a bunch more photos of the cats too, some photos it would not let me upload claiming that they were "too large" to post. =)
Screenshot_20230710_135325_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230710_135312_Gallery.jpg
GridArt_20230719_151009185.jpg
GridArt_20230719_145456765.jpg

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LoverOfAnimals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money

Hello

I appreciate your looking out for everyone and doing your best to protect folks.
Please know that not everyone who posts on this site looking for help for cats is a "scammer". This could be taken as highly offensive considering the lengths I go to for these cats, each and every day.
I will disregard this message because it does not pertain to me.
In fact, We all must be very cautious of the thieves and scammers lurking about in this world.

For the record
My post IS LEGITIMATE. It's asking the people for help with these community cats by purchasing cats food/supplies that I use every day off of a kitty amazon wishlist which I've created to better help and serve these cats.

I am caring for these cats and have been providing for them out of the goodness of my heart.
I am Not gaining anything for myself in any way, shape or form.

Please know I am WIDE OPEN on my end. If anyone would like to come to drop by and visit the cats and I at the site, you are welcome to do so, assuming that you are a true animal loving individual who has nothing but good intentions and does not look to do the cats or I any harm.

Over my many experiences while caring for outdoor cats I've unfortunately had people who have come to our site and totally demolish it, on multiple occasions. They broke up the cats house huts, smashed and ruined their food and water bowls/trays.
I've had a man punch one of our cats in the face, twice. Yes, I have pictures of the cats face after this heinous abuse.
I've had a lot more negative occurrences take place along the way of taking care of these cats too.
I know about people and they're good & bad intentions.

Again I am as transparent as they come. If need be, I can and will provide my telephone number, references as well as whichever other reasonable request. I also would be more than happy to meet with whomever.
I have NO PROBLEM, at all, in doing so.
😺😊

Thank you very much

Regards;
-Karen & kitties

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Where are you located? We will be more than happy to search for possible help for you if you let us know. There are rescue centers and many related institutions that might be able to help you TNR (trap, neuter, release) many of them. Some of these organizations do it for free, or practically nothing. The cats that are approachable and possible candidates for adoption can be handled differently and may be eligible for something other than just TNR. The key is to get as many spayed and neutered as possible to break the cycle of more and more kittens.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
couple of days ago I got in contact with a lady named Lisa. She told me that she will help fix the cats at no cost. She is part of a program who helps people with cats in my situation.
So, this lady is going to proceed with trapping and spay/neuter?

I'm hoping some kind folks can assist and support the cats and I in making a heartfelt contribution from our amazon wishlist.
I think this is quite smart of you :heartshape:do you have Nextdoor. . com in your area? If the Amazon wishlist doesn't show your address I'd also post there if you haven't already.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Please know that not everyone who posts on this site looking for help for cats is a "scammer". This could be taken as highly offensive considering the lengths I go to for these cats, each and every day.
This message is posted on every single thread where people are asking for financial help. It's not aimed at anyone in particular. AS you said, we all need to be very cautious about potential scams.

Thank you for everything you are doing to help these cats

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just want to say thank you for everything you are doing for these beautiful kitties.
They are so very lucky to have you there for them helping as much as you can. We need more people like you who do everything possible to help the feral/stray community. It is truly heart warming. Again thank you for all you are doing!!!

LoverOfAnimals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh goodness gracious I'm terribly sorry for my delayed response! I jst got in now and still have four cats outside right now crying and waiting to eat and I'm late for them! Also I'm dealing with an unexpected strange clogged bathroom sink .. ughh, it doesn't end haha.

If you don't mind, forgive me I'm not trying to be rude and would love to talk more in detail. I can only stay for a minute because reality is calling. I'll get back on here tomorrow to talk more with you guys..

To quickly answer a few qstions I saw...
We are in Connecticut and the main bulk amount of cats that I care for are located in Bridgeport. I also have four more cats located in Stratford (which js like 12 to 14 minutes away from the Bridgeport location) I help the Stratford cats late at night time (because that's when the problematic neighbors are less likely to kick up) the cats come to visit me for food - water. I try to keep the cats hidden as much as I can for their safety & mine as well as for trying to cut back on having less likely problems occurring.

Yes,
I had a recent conversation with a lady named Lisa who told me she could assist in spay neuter of the cats. We DESPERATELY need it!!!! I'm praying she comes through. I don't know her that well but she has a reputable connection behind her.

You know what it is, in part too..
I haven't gotten any positive outcomes since the beginning of the start of me searching for the cats to get them help. And I've been looking for a long time. In many cases, not even a return response. So I am mostly always thinking and expecting negative outcomes when it comes to getting help. That's why I said it like that, "I'm praying she comes through"
I'm used to relying only on my own two hands, my father (when he is able to help) and the good Lord above.
I have to shake the negativity, somehow. I know it's no good. My father tells me that too. I'll try & work on it as I go.

I got to get back to the kitties outside!
Thank you very much for your support and for everyones kind beautiful words. They mean a lot to me. It's great to see grounded, genuine & caring folks in the group!!

I look forward to jumping back on tomorrow and continuing our discussion.

Thanks a bunch
Have a good evening
-Karen

LoverOfAnimals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Where are you located? We will be more than happy to search for possible help for you if you let us know. There are rescue centers and many related institutions that might be able to help you TNR (trap, neuter, release) many of them. Some of these organizations do it for free, or practically nothing. The cats that are approachable and possible candidates for adoption can be handled differently and may be eligible for something other than just TNR. The key is to get as many spayed and neutered as possible to break the cycle of more and more kittens.

Hi there
Yes I need to get them fixed and am working on it. Ive been for a while. Ive been calling rescues and other organizations to assist but havent gotten anywhere.
The bulk of the cats that I care for are in Bridgeport CT but there are also 4 more who come to me late at night for food, water in Stratford CT. I spoke with a lady who said she would assist in helping to fix the cats but now she is not calling me back?!? Ughh..

Thinking ahead, would you happen to know any people who can assist me with fixing the cats at no cost?
I am TOTALLY wiped out, zero in the change purse. All of my funds go to keeping these furs going. I can't tell you the last time I spent on myself, everything goes for the little furs.
I am very worried about not having them fixed as of yet. Ive been DESPERATELY trying for a LONGER than long time Too.
We already are dealing with kittens, too many. YES they ARE a blessing however I don't agree with them basically being born into suffering on these dangerous streets With no one around to help care for them. The only thing they have is the vicious raccoons (etc) to ,God forbid, prey upon them and people with bad intentions and that's if they can survive and make it.
Most mothers aren't getting the nutrition they require to nurse their young every few hrs. Someone told me that the mothers should be eating 4x the amount of the wet food they usually do now. I'm doing the best I can to meet that demand but it's difficult when I'm starting with trying to keep the 18-20+ kitties going each day.

Back to the fixing..
I tried tails, in Westport but got the repeated response stating that they're entirely overwhelmed. I sympathize with them, as am I. I was told to expect long delays, and I'm getting that from everyone else too.

II've also been spending a lot of time looking for suitable homes for the cats who don't like to live indoors.
A barn, farm, maybe horse stables? or some place with land..
Where the cats who love the outdoors can live roam and thrive there while being taken care of by their owner.

Sorry, I know im truly all over the place. I just got in and fed the cats out front and now have to cook but I wanted to pop in tonight to respond to whatever messages I could right now before I call it a night. I'll hop back on tomorrow again, hopefully I have more time to talk further. I'd like that.

Thanks for bearing with me.

LoverOfAnimals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank goodness you have someone to heIp with spay/neutering! That is cruciaI!

Yes, pIease Iet us know your generaI area, so we can heIp you search for assistance.
Hi

I just got in but wanted to quickly reply to some messages before I head out to cook and try to get some much needed R&R.
The bulk of the cats I care for are in Bridgeport and there are four more furs who I feed and water at night in Stratford CT.

Yes ... well... I thought I had this lady to assist with the fixing.
It's strange. She hasn't called me back yet. I texted her twice but with 3 and a half to 4 days in between from the first to second message. In other words they weren't sent bakc to back.
I'll give her some more time to respond, that's all I can do. But in the meantime I think it's smart to hop back on the search train and continue on the hunt looking for folks to assist in fixing the cats at no cost. I cannot afford it, not even at a reduced cost. All of my funds (every bit) is going to keeping the 18-20+ cats going every day. It's very difficult to keep up and to maintain. I do a lot of praying.

So yes, I believe it's smart to keep searching just incase this woman falls through. I don't want to have lost any time I could have been making process for the cats or covering any ground while waiting by the phone thinking she was going to help when she wasn't or isn't going to help.

Thank you for your time and help!!

LoverOfAnimals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just want to say thank you for everything you are doing for these beautiful kitties.
They are so very lucky to have you there for them helping as much as you can. We need more people like you who do everything possible to help the feral/stray community. It is truly heart warming. Again thank you for all you are doing!!!
Wow. It's not everyday that someone comes up to you (over the computer hehe) and says such special, kind words. Especially when helping the cats is involved. It's quite rare actually.
Please know that I truly TRULY thank you for this message! This brought my spirits up. The kitties and I are grateful to you and your generous nature.
Bless your heart☆

LoverOfAnimals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, this lady is going to proceed with trapping and spay/neuter?

I think this is quite smart of you :heartshape:do you have Nextdoor. . com in your area? If the Amazon wishlist doesn't show your address I'd also post there if you haven't already.

Hi

Sorry guys if I posted to the same message twice or if I haven't answered someone.. this can be confusing the way jts laid out. Also please forgive my spelling punctuation grammar. Since it's late for me I'm writing these quickly and know they are far from perfect.

I'm not sure about the next door site because I don't want to put my location out there.
I Cannot trust that people will not mess with the site, cats or me for a matter of fact. I've had negative encounters with people in the past and know what people are capable of (especially if they don’t like me helping& assisting the cats)
the area is not the greatest to say the least. So in order to keep the cats and I safe
I cannot post the address of where the cats are.

as for the fixing..
I thought a lady was going to help assist with the spay neuter.
She hasn't phoned me back yet. I called her asking some questions regarding three kittens I want to trap and I was planning on having her take them and fix them, take them to the doc and give them a much deserved better life through adoption process to the right folks but again she hasn't responded.

I'm going to keep searching just incase she falls through.
If you know anyone who can please assist the cats and I with no cost spay fixing I would be most grateful for this.

I very much appreciate any insight help and your time guys

I have to get going.. truth be told I'm starving and have to cook my pasta =)

I'll hop back on & talk tomorrow

Thanks a bunch
Get some rest🛌🕊

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm a reviewer on Nextdoor, -- you have the option to shut off having your location visible, along with other options that need to be shut off such as ND sending out letters to your neighbors, --it's all in your preferences.

There are several colony caretakers who post regularly in my area and one in particular who does little videos of the cats is receiving food from people.

Have you looked into Best Friends, or Alley Cat Allies?

LoverOfAnimals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm a reviewer on Nextdoor, -- you have the option to shut off having your location visible, along with other options that need to be shut off such as ND sending out letters to your neighbors, --it's all in your preferences.

There are several colony caretakers who post regularly in my area and one in particular who does little videos of the cats is receiving food from people.

Have you looked into Best Friends, or Alley Cat Allies?
Ohh really... interesting.
If you don't mind bearing with me..

Alright that's good to know that you can hide the address.
Another thing I just thought of now is since the neighborhood isn't friendly and the people who live there like to start trouble or make waves. I'm not sure that Bridgeport is the best area to set up this next Dorr thing in. I don't get support from the neighborhood and surrounding neighbors. The area has nothing good to offer to the cats. I won't go on and on but most don't give two craps about the cats. Even the little kids ride by on their bicycles while harshly screaming at the cats and riding their bikes straight in the direction of where the cat is at, making a B-line for the cat hoping to disrupt, scare or even hit the cat. Then they laugh.

Also
I'm not sure how the whole next door thing works, I have never used it. How would it be beneficial for the cats?

LoverOfAnimals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ohh really... interesting.
If you don't mind bearing with me..

Alright that's good to know that you can hide the address.
Another thing I just thought of now is since the neighborhood isn't friendly and the people who live there like to start trouble or make waves. I'm not sure that Bridgeport is the best area to set up this next Dorr thing in. I don't get support from the neighborhood and surrounding neighbors. The area has nothing good to offer to the cats. I won't go on and on but most don't give two craps about the cats. Even the little kids ride by on their bicycles while harshly screaming at the cats and riding their bikes straight in the direction of where the cat is at, making a B-line for the cat hoping to disrupt, scare or even hit the cat. Then they laugh.

Also
I'm not sure how the whole next door thing works, I have never used it. How would it be beneficial for the cats?
Furballsmom Furballsmom
Sorry for the mix ups if I reply to the wrong person or happen to accidentally miss a message..

The design of this page is VERY confusing and VERY EASY to mess up.
I didn't answer ..
Yes I've contacted both of them. Both ACA and BF haven't helped.
I even reached out to that feral friend list on ACA but the folks thatI called on that list for one reason or another are not helping the cats any longer and from my experiences I got the impression that the list is very old and not being kept up to date.

LoverOfAnimals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
apparently it wouldn't be, I'm sorry I distracted you with the thought.
Oh goodness gracious no, It's def worth looking into and I greatly appreciate any and all insights help and advice. Who knows just because nextdoor won't work out now maybe some other ideas will pop up from your mentioning of it and we'll end up coming up with an idea that will work.

Thank you for helping =)