hi i just got a cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey thanks. yeah ive been trying to get her to relax near me with the family around and stuff and she does sometimes. lol and its not like im hurting her hard or anything lol. i just give her a lil smack and she gets it. ive only resorted to this because nothing else really works as well. ive tried blowing in her face, but the thing is i think it just gets her more crazy cuz she will stop for a bit, then she will just come back to bite after a couple seconds. and sometimes she doesnt stop at all even when your blowing. and the spray method is the same, except she just comes back a lil later, and its hard to keep the spray with me handy all the time. i dont really know when shes gonna eat cuz she always just goes whenever she wants, but still i pet her while shes eating and stuff like that and i can get her to chill out now if i just gently push her to sit down then she usually chills out for a bit.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dude

i pet her while shes eating and stuff like that and i can get her to chill out now if i just gently push her to sit down then she usually chills out for a bit.
I wonder if you're touching her too much? My neighbors had a small cat that kept biting. Turns out they kept waking up the poor cat while it was sleeping and the cat started biting because it got no peace. I told them to at least let it sleep in peace and it hardly ever bites now.

sherry526

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's still young. Got that kitten play in her. Be patient, it will calm down.

I'm a squirt bottle user. It's filled with water and I use it when my cats or dog misbehave. It works for me, to the point that I rarely even squirt anymore. All I do is reach for the bottle and shake it and the naughty kitty (it's usually a naughty kitty and not the 10 year old greyhound), the naughty kitty will stop the bad behavior and take off running.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do the same thing. I don't even have to spray the water, just the sight of the bottle is enough to send them running!

dude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Primula

I wonder if you're touching her too much? My neighbors had a small cat that kept biting. Turns out they kept waking up the poor cat while it was sleeping and the cat started biting because it got no peace. I told them to at least let it sleep in peace and it hardly ever bites now.
i really dont think its that cuz shes always around just doing her own thing. and she sleeps a lot so i dont think its that. these days either shes biting and going crazy, just roaming around trying to get into stuff shes not supposed to, or sleeping. she used to like it when i play with her and stuff like toss the ball or what not, but recently shes doesnt really play with toys or anything that much. it seems like she gets bored easy cuz she will chase around the ball for a bit, then when i throw it she just sits somewhere and doesnt chase it anymore and eventually just goes to sleep again. im kinda confused to whether i should give her more attention or just let her do her thing, cuz when i try and play with her she gets bored pretty quick, but at the same time she kinda follows me around and stuff so i dunno.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just let her do her own thing. Remember, she's not here for your entertainment, she has a life of her own. And I don't mean that in a snarky way - I know you mean well otherwise you wouldn't be on this site.

dude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok yeah thats what i thought. thanks for clearing that up.