Hi Guys, Im Back. This Time Im Worried About All Three Of My Kitties.

Lindzee2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think all of my cats have URI's most likely Herpes virus. They're all sneezing and have watery eyes. I will call into the vet tomorrow after they open, but should I be overly worried? They're still eating and pooping regularly, the kitten still plays with the dogs as normal. Nothing much else is different except they all have what seems to be a cold.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be allergies, it could be they all caught a cold or some type of URI. I dont think i would be overly worried,as long as the sneezing and watery eyes are the only problems.
And maybe stay away from Dr. Google...lol... i give myself and my cats all kinds of dramatic and rare illnesses when i visit there..lol.

Call your Dr. Tomorrow and see if you need to set them up an appointment. I will keep you guys in my thoughts, let us know how they are doing, and what the vet has to say. :crossfingers:

justwondering

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a persistent issue with URI in my house. Started about two years ago. Onset begins with sneezing and/or watery eyes, but often never goes beyond very mild symptoms. When the hale and hearty juvenile and adult cats come down with symptoms, I prefer to let them ride it out. When younger kittens or seniors show symptoms, I take them to the vet if it starts to affect appetite or activity levels, or they exhibit symptoms like swelling around the eyes. Generally, unless someone begins to appear really ill, I wouldn't worry too much. Just closely watch any cats at higher risk for more serious developments.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lindzee2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I called into the vet, they basically said the same thing. I have a kitten and two 8/9 year olds. I know this isn't totally the thing to do but I gave both of them a bit of prednisolone, Shonzee my heavier cat I gave 1 ml and Kara my heavish but not as heavy as shonzee, I gave .5ml. Just to help with their breathing a bit and to make sure their appetite stays where it should.

My prednisolone was prescribed to Shonzee from his last bout of sickness. Im going to watch Kara and make sure it agrees with her okay.

Im going to watch till Monday and if things worsen or dont improve I will take the two elder in. The kitten is fine, she isnt even affected by it beyond the fact she is sneezing as well.

I also cleaned the whole house and have all the windows open to vent it out a little bit, it was getting a bit musty in here.

So we will see, thanks again for the help <3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lindzee2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I took Kara in last Saturday because her breathing was worrying me. They definitely had URTI's, Im guessing due to the kitten having spread FHV. Kara is the oldest and hasnt had her Rabies this year yet so I decided to take her first. They gave her antibiotics because she did have a slight fever, they also gave me a 10 day supply of priobiotics and wet food for all 3.

I had been booger bulbing shonzee and kara at least 1-2 times per night and hanging out in the bathroom with them, with steam.

I also purchased L-lysine and have been giving each 1/4th tsp twice a day.

They seem to be A LOT better, still a little sneezy here and there but much more clear and not as weasy. the L-lysine seems to really help.