Hi from myslef Tangerine and Mango

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They are so cute.  At first I thought it was the same cat twice, then realized one has longer cuffs on his mittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. These two are siblings as I found out and are smaller than I thought, but very loving, playful and full of energy, which Is what I was wanting. I could watch them play and interact with each other all day.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Now, those are two good-looking cats, I must say! Welcome to TCS, and congratulations on your new family members!

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks. The puctures of them are 2 or 3 times larger then the size that the really are.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
They're beautiful. It's nice that you could adopt the two of them together. They'll be great company for each other.

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They're beautiful. It's nice that you could adopt the two of them together. They'll be great company for each other.
Thanks. When I saw them on the rescues website I immediately contact them about adopting them as a pair. It wasn't until I got there that I found out that they were brothers.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Some of my cats are siblings, they form a really close bond.

If it's a brother~ sister pair the male always sticks up for his sister. With the brother~ brother pairs they seem to stay like kittens for ages. They'll be chasing each other around your house and wrestling each other for years to come.

Enjoy your new kittens.

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Some of my cats are siblings, they form a really close bond.

If it's a brother~ sister pair the male always sticks up for his sister. With the brother~ brother pairs they seem to stay like kittens for ages. They'll be chasing each other around your house and wrestling each other for years to come.

Enjoy your new kittens.

Since I'm new to the whole kitten thing, I witnessed my first wrestling match between the two. Since I brought them home on Saturday they have been chasing each other and stuff like that, but until now they hadn't wrestled. I knew from going online that the wrestling was normal and it's just kittens especially at 12 weeks, being kittens.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The wrestling matches make me laugh. We call it Kitty Sumo. Two of my boys, Hiro and Jiro, will sit up on their back legs and slap each other until one of them falls over. They're hilarious.

nezumi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My partner and I call it Kitten Combat.  It really is great fun to watch.

Tangerine and Mango really do look alike, I think you might find yourself having trouble telling them apart.  I love ginger kitties, I've never met a nasty one.  I hope they settle in really quickly.

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

My partner and I call it Kitten Combat.  It really is great fun to watch.

Tangerine and Mango really do look alike, I think you might find yourself having trouble telling them apart.  I love ginger kitties, I've never met a nasty one.  I hope they settle in really quickly.
Tangerine and Mango are doing really well adapting to their new environment. As far as telling them apart, Mango has a white fur spot next to the left side of his nose and Tangerine doesn't.

Last edited:

nezumi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So he does.  You're so lucky, they are just gorgeous :-D

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

So he does.  You're so lucky, they are just gorgeous :-D
Would you believe someone dumped them which is how they ended up at the animal rescue I got them from. Their very very sweet and purr all the time.

nezumi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That boils my blood.  My housemates got all their cats from rescue centres.  Our two were from a friend's cat's accidental litter, they would have gone to a shelter if we hadn't taken them.  Thankfully I completely fell head over heels in love and would have taken the other kitten if she hadn't found a home.  All they want is love (and dinner), I wish more people would be responsible pet owners and get their kitties neutered.

Still, least you get kittens :-D