Hi everybody, hopefully somebody can help me with my last child...

ntorres1031

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have five cats: Stormi (she's 5); Raini (he's 4); Sunni (she's 3); Snow  (Feral - he's 4); and Ici (she's 2).  I have never and will never let my cats outside.  It's too dangerous.  My domestic cats have never been outside; of course, the ferals have but they are destined to be house cats (as far as not going outside).  They all get along EXCEPT Stormi - she was my first cat - she is a loner - until I get home.  All she wants to do is sit on my lap.  They all have different personalities.  But I love them all the same.  I keep wondering how Ici survived SANDY last year.  But I guess they are survivors. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Indoor cats for me, too many nasty people, fast cars and foxes around here for my liking.  Not many stray cats though.

Hurray for puppy pads 
 Even if it doesn't work very day it has to be better than endless cleaning and washing.  If it settles in to a routine what about introducing some very fine litter on the surface instead of the towel to see what happens?  Not for a good while though!  (Good for you - going to work on time, I might have given in to the temptation of an extra cup of coffee).....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucatgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As I said, I always lived (since I have my cats) in quiet and safe neighborhoods, and Lucky was always around, and always safe beside that one time, yes, I also know it only takes one time to be over, but good for our family, it didn't. Now my inside cats are inside and Lucky only goes out supervised.

As for the puppy pads, just let's keep our fingers cross and if it works 3 days in a row, then I will breath lol... and the extra cup of coffee? how come I didn't think about it?????? 

lucatgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, time to roll the drums.......  It's been 3 days in a row.... seems that so far Minu is using the pads yay! now for the expensive side, Lucky is also using them about 3 times a day lol... thing is he's using the pad inside the shower (good for me) and when he pees there he wants to cover so he kinds of folds the pad lol... I'm cleaning less, and washing less, not bad, now i'm thinking in buying a "diaper geannie" to place to pads, I already have a "litter geannie" and I love it! but as its name says it, it's for the litter, now I need one for the pads 
 Thank you MServant for your valuable advise! 

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
  Wow, great to hear something'w working!  
   Major apologies that it is so expensive..... ​ 
  Good idea on the reusable type of pad.  If you find one that works I'm sure there are a few people out here who will be interested to know as think the trick of using outside the litter tray is quite common.

Hope things keep going in the right direction... Sounds like Lucky prefers covering, how would be respond if you put a tray where he's choosing to go?

lucatgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think Lucky's decision on where to go is not much about what he prefers, is about "me" (him). As I mentioned he's getting old and as old people who go back been children, he's kind of  "going back" and demanding extra attention and everything has to be for him. If Minu is having something new, then HE HAS to have it too. If I give Yanny same breakfast I give him, he HAS to go to Yanny's plate and be sure is the same food by cleaning her plate. I won't give much thought about that anymore, he's been a pretty good cat for the past 13 years I lived with him (he's been with my mom longer than that). The reusable pads haven't found them yet; I was thinking in putting the towels inside the shower again, but that will imply cleaning again... let me enjoy 5 more minutes of zzzz by picking up and trowing the pads every morning. Maybe I will use the towels inside the shower during the afternoons or weekends. But for the nights I thing I'm keeping the pads, and just if anybody needs to buy pads, I got the "out" brand (kind of did my research online this time) and so far they proved to be better than the ones I bought couple of years ago and nobody liked. I know if I get a tray Lucky will use it too, but not Minu, that means Lucky will also use Minu's pads... I don't know how much longer I will have Lucky (remember he's about 18 y/o), I want him happy. Yes, it will cost me a bit extra, but he deserves it.