Hi And Help Please

くりす 剣

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! My name is くりす, but you can call me Kuri haha. I am new here, so I wanted to introduce you guys to my fur family, a dog and two kittens. The reason I wanted to become a part of this community is that my second kitten, Zelda, doesn't seem to adjust to the male kitten. We brought Zelda home about a month ago. She was alone in the street, her mom had left her and her siblings died. So we brought her home, took her to the vet, and fed her until she was healthy. She is about 3 months old now. Sojiro, our other kitten, is a 7 month old male, we brought him home 3 months ago. He has a very good relationship with the dog, they play all the time. But Zelda just can't stand him. They cannot be together, she attacks him, moans whenever he is around, and now he is starting to attack her too. We tried to introduce them slowly, with the scents, with a door in between them... nothing has worked so far. I need help. None of them has been spayed or neutered yet.

Linus and Sojiro
Zelda

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

くりす 剣

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
くりす 剣 くりす 剣 - Welcome to TCS, Kuri - to you and to your beautiful Family!

Once 소지로 has been neutered, I would expect that you'll find introducing these two beautiful kittens much easier. At seven months, he's old enough at this point, assuming his health to be good.
.[/QUOTE
Thank you so much! The thing is, Zelda is really the one attacking him, do you think that would still help?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

くりす 剣

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Yes, that's the plan. They are my first cats ever, I've had dogs all my life. But I have been told that desexing them is the best thing to do, for many reasons. And honestly I really want them to get along so I can move on to introducing her to the dog...

Sandybooks

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also kittens/teens rough house a lot. He could be wanting to play and she doesn't want to.:tabbycat::gingercat:
This! We had an older cat when Soup came into the house. Soup was still a young kitten and always wanted to play. The older cat, Chunk, wanted noooothing to do with that so there was drama sometimes. Would not have been the case these days as Soup is sleepy more than wrestle-y

Welcome!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This! We had an older cat when Soup came into the house. Soup was still a young kitten and always wanted to play. The older cat, Chunk, wanted noooothing to do with that so there was drama sometimes. Would not have been the case these days as Soup is sleepy more than wrestle-y

Welcome!
S Sandybooks - Your observation's spot on - the age difference, especially when one kitten is so young, puts a damper on play. As they get older, things tend to "even out." My five year old Oz and twenty-one year old Lance chase one and other and wrestle just like kittens - an entirely different scenario than it was when Oz came in as a kitten.

Last edited:

Sandybooks

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you can, try to make sure you have the day off after the surgery. I think it is a good thing to spend time with the cats post-surgery to make sure they are doing okay and don't kick the cone off. Soup just had her cone taken off today and she is quite pleased to be able to clean herself again. They will hate the cone but it seems like a necessary evil