hey....please help me i need a fast response

ahmad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello my name is ahmad am new here
i have a problem a relative of mine bought a kitten (2 months) on a whim she kept the cat in the moving cage..(the small one u put ur cat in while u r traveling or moving from a place to another) and it broke my heart
so i took him from her (after convincing her to sell him) and went to sell him but no one wants him and my whole family is afraid of him (they fear cats..even thou they are adorable i love cats)
with no place to go i had to keep it with me and it is late at night now
i know nothing about cats am new to this and i wish ur help

so cause of my family i cannot let it roam freely in the house only in my room
and i love cold places cant sleep in hot/warm places so at night (which is now) should i take it just outside my room (there is another door  that i can close so it wont get to the rest of the house) and provide food / water / litter box should i keep the lights or turn them off can i put him in the toilet (after covering all holes)
i dont have a big cage for him now so can i just put him in a card box for it to sleep in or what should i do?

i have a basement with a window to the outside but it is so dusty haven't been cleaned in ages...can i keep her there atleast for the night?
please guys i need a fast respond if possible

thanx in advance

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The kitten at 2 months of age is very small.  It's probably best that you keep him somewhere small like  a very small room where he cannot get out.  Give him something soft to sleep on and access to his food, water and litter box.  A bathroom is fine if he cannot get into anything dangerous; such as the toilet or where cleaning supplies are stored.  If he has just left his litter mates it may take time for him to get used to sleeping alone.  You can turn the lights off at night.  They can see as long as there is a small amount of light.  

I wouldn't use the basement yet (or long term) because small kittens can easily get into trouble.  Also a large, open space may be more unsettling for him.

I'm not sure where you are located; but if you end up keeping him very long he will need vaccinations and neutering.  A general health check from a veterinarian is a very good idea as well.  

Good luck! 

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have a kind heart, Ahmad.

Your new little friend needs appropriate food for a young kitten. Wet / canned food is better than dry food. Water. Goat milk is O.K., cow milk can give cats diarrhea. Litter pan, cleaned at least once a day. Place the litter box away from food and water. A box with some nice soft towels will make a good bed. Toys - a crumpled piece of paper or tin foil a small ball - something kitten can chase around.

When you say you like to sleep in a cold place - how cold / what temperature?

Keeping the kitten in one room is fine while it is young. If you can provide sturdy cardboard boxes as places for him / her to climb up, also a box with an opening so it is like a little cave the kitten will have more interesting time.

And what the kitten will really like is time with you, someone to cuddle with, talk to him, pet him.

Congratulations on your new friend. May you both have many happy years together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ahmad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you guys very much u have truly helped me i shall do my best with him and ill be sure to make him happy
i always pet him all the time and he is always going purrrr i just love him
i was just watching a movie with him and he slept on me all the way through
and my room is around 18 to 20 celsius wihch is 64 to 68 fahrenheit  and the AC is directed on the bed the cold air hits the bed...and my kitten (which am still thinking of a name for him) dont want to be anywhere except on the bed next to me so i fear it is too cold for him

i put him in the bathroom closed the toilet took out the soup gave him his toy..which he didnt like...
it is 7 am and i can finally sleep ^_^ althou ill be worried
but really thanx again guys and catapault thank you for ur kind words but i think anyone would do the same if he saw a cute lil kitten being not cared for (i hope i phrased that right :p)

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Ahmad.

18 degrees Celsius is rather cool for a young kitten. Cats have a higher body temperature than people, and a small kitten has less mass to maintain the temperature - they can become chilled more quickly than an adult cat.

About nighttime temperatures - how hot does it get in the daytime? I'm thinking about the difference between day / night. If daytime temperatures are moderate, then I wouldn't be too concerned about 20 degrees Celsius. But if daytime temperatures are much hotter then I would be more concerned.

Where do you live? Here in the USA it is possible to buy a heating disc for pets that is warmed in a microwave. It is wrapped in a towel and stays warm for a few hours. That would give the kitten a nice warm place to snuggle.

One of my cats likes to join me under the covers especially in winter - at 17 years of age she's an old lady.

Can you post a picture - we love pictures.

ahmad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In the day time well it various sometimes it is really hot and others it is fine
(by fine i mean around 30 C in the middle of the summer...that is fine for us :p) now days it is between 30 to 20 all day thou

i live in the middle east saudi arabia

and yea i would love to introduce my cat Ace to you

so due to family problems i have to move Ace out of my house by tomorrow my friend says he have a rented room that he usually rest there between
his work breaks and he says it is ok to keep him there but that room have some small bugs so am not sure(i know i worry alot..)...either way there is no other place
and i have grown attached to Ace i dont wanna sell him...

and here is his picture

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ace is one cute little fluffy kitten! He is adorable - I can see why you don't want to sell him, and how you fell in love with him right away.

Your friend's room - does this mean Ace will be spending most of the day all alone? Or is this just a temporary solution while you work out a better situation for you and Ace?

I'm sorry your family is afraid of Ace. But if people are unused to cats I guess they just seem kind of strange and "different."

About the bugs - be extremely careful about any bug spray to get rid of them. These insect killing sprays can be more dangerous to the cats than bugs. Any idea what kind of bugs they are - flies, spiders, ants, or something else.

Good luck with Ace. Do give updates and let everyone know how things go with you and Ace.

All good wishes for a happy result.

ahmad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
haha he really is xD

and as for the room i got the room key and there are like 5 more friends of mine who also have keys and i never thought they would love Ace so much
man the room became a gathering for fun more than it is a napping place in breaks
so almost all of the time someone is in there and i always go there it is near my house
so the only time where ace is alone there it is only a few hours a day and when someone sleeps over he is never alone
and every one gave him a name...he is Ace (me) neon / farha / CAT / luffy (making fun of me) and silver

and as for the bugs i am not sure but a powder was used to get rid of them it is in the corners and only some of it is exposed is it dangerous for ace?

as for what kind of bugs...i am not so sure they are small about the size of a piece of rice or something...and they have been considerably decreasing and i never saw any on Ace

thanx alot i will take good care of ace and will update here

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi & congratulations on Ace!  I agree w/ the others on every thing, & YES, ANY powder, spray, ANYTHING to kill bugs is a pesticide & TOXIC to cats!!  Remember cats lick their paws etc.. If he gets any on him & then licks it, he will ingest it. Even though it's only in the corners, any movement of air will blow it about. I would put him in the bathroom to be safe, & mop it all up, Twice, to make sure there are no traces left. Good luck.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do get rid of any bug powder - the powder is probably worse for Ace than the bugs would be. Especially since you do not know what it is.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Ahmad,

Jennyranson and Angels mommy gave you good advice - you don't know what the bugs actually are and even more a matter of concern you don't know what bug-killing-powder was put down. Even organic bug powders - pyrethrum for example - are dangerous for cats and people. Use damp paper towers to wipe up the powder. Repeat with new damp paper towels 2 or 3 times to make sure you get it all up. Then put the paper towels in a plastic bag, tie closed, and discard in the trash.

One safe method for killing bugs is a material called diatomaceous earth. It is a white powder from the outer husks of very, very tiny little sea creatures. It is an inexpensive, nontoxic, and effective way to kill bugs. Just be sure to get the food grade powder and not the type used in swimming pool filters. Apply by spreading a thin amount along the door sill, window sills, and anywhere else the bugs might enter.

It sounds like Ace has quite a circle of admirers! Kittens are very happy to entertain a crowd. I bet Ace is keeping very busy (and then falling sound asleep like the baby he is.)

I'm glad you found such a good solution to the problem of moving him out of the house.

ahmad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanx alot guys i will make sure to remove any exposed powder and to be on the safe side ill get him to see a veterinarian

and well he just walks around the room then he climbs one of us up to the shoulder and sits there (his claws hurts a bit..)
and we always massage / pet him whenever we are holding him man he makes me wish i was a cat :p

whenever he wants to sleep he jumps on me or my friends and sleep on us if we are not here he goes for my laptop bag...he is just so cute

anyway guys really appreciate your help thanx alot ^_^

another question when i 1st got him to see the veterinarian to give him an inoculation the veterinarian told me not bath him till he is atleast 3 months old
and it seems he needs a bath...what should i do?

sorry for troubling you guys alot with me but bare with me for cute lil Ace :3

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is certainly important for Ace to see a vet and be vaccinated. As for the bath, it is usually not necessary to bath cats unless they get into something that is really bad for them, like oil. And then you have to do it fast, whatever their age, drying them very thoroughly and gently afterwards. Why do you think he needs a bath? You can get a soft brush and a fine toothed comb and groom him as often as you like - cats usually love that and it gets rid of dust and knots in their fur. You also find any fleas that way - get them on the comb and then drown them in a bowl of warm water. Ace sounds like such fun and as if he is enjoying life with you.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Ahmad,

My black cat, Mr Poe, also likes to ride around on my shoulder. But since he's 2 years old he weighs more than Ace, about 10 pounds or so. He'll just run right up my back and then sit on my shoulder, peering at whatever I'm doing at the kitchen counter. I can even walk up / down stairs and he just balances there. Funny boy.

ahmad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you jennyrason i will instruct my friend to do that

and catapault Mr Poe looks really fun xD he sure loves you

i regret to inform you that due to unfortunate reasons i cant keep Ace anymore in the room he is in now
as i said that room isnt only mine and any friend of anyone can join in as long as he helps with paying the rent and whats not
well the other day 2 guys joined in i dont know them very well but they seem to think that Ace is being treated very well and as he is a cat he shouldn't be treated like that
so they treat him like a street cat and one of them picked him up and threw him the other day thankfully Ace wasn't hurt at all but he is now scared of being lifted (not that he wont climb anyone but he refuse to be lifted by hand) naturally i and another friend of mine named Josef got in a fight and left there and cause of my family i cant keep him in my house so am giving him to Josef his family loves cats and they would love to take care of Ace i will be seeing Ace again but not all the time cause Josef lives far away

ofcourse i will keep updating here and will keep asking you for help if needed

for me and Ace
thanks for everything guys

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a shame but you have the credit for saving Ace and finding him a family where he will be cared for well. I look forward to reading about him feom time to time.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Ahmad,

I cannot understand someone who think an animal is being treated "too well" so they throw a young kitten across a room. Didn't the prophet Muhammad loved his cat Muezza, and there are haditha that say cats are pure and are to be treated kindly.

Definitely Ace is better off out of there and so are you - who wants to be friends with someone like that.

Ace is young enough that I'm sure he'll settle in with Josef and his family, growing up into a loving, happy cat.

And when you get a house of your own sometime in the future I just know you'll find another pretty, affectionate kitten.

Nice that you can visit Ace and get reports on his progress (and can share them here.)

ahmad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you jennyrason but i couldnt let it pass by

and catapault
true what you said and thanx alot but there are some retards out there that dont understand no matter how many times u talk to them am out of there alright even thou they did apologize and whats not
but i aint keeping Ace there, i gave him to josef and he is keeping him at his home now big space people with him 24/7 being cared for more (i had college and some financial problems i couldnt get him a bed...except my laptop bag...)
and i hope Ace a happy life with josef

and one day when i have a home of my own ill get a cat...and raise her/him very well

caro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please take the kitten to a rescue shelter or someone who can look after him properly. You cannot keep him confined like this.

Good luck

caro

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Please take the kitten to a rescue shelter or someone who can look after him properly. You cannot keep him confined like this.
Good luck
caro

He has already found a new home for the kitten where he is loved and well cared for.