Hey guys I’m kinda new but this is what I think

Jlanderson2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I’m pretty sure my cats coat pattern is a calico tabby mix. But I’m still wondering what her breed is she has fairly big ears with big ear tuffs I would say she has a medium coat. Her cheek bones are kinda pronounced. And she has hazel eyes. Christmas has passed and I couldn’t get it then but I’m thinking for my birthday I will get cat DNA test but until they’re your thoughts and opinions on what breed she is. p.s srry know it’s a lot of pics and text.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jlanderson2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
also she has a lot of whiskers

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I am by no means an expert, but she looks to me like a classic tabby (not seeing calico), as it almost looks like the traditional bullseye on her side - if not then, at least the standard 'swirls'. Her tail doesn't look too fluffy, so she may just be considered a short hair, despite the slight ear tufts. Odds are that she is of no particular breed - and, for the most part if you don't have pedigree papers for her, she would be labeled a domestic short haired (DSH) classic tabby. She is very pretty!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree, she is a tabby with white, NOT tortie / calico / torbie.
Being a black / brown tabby, she has also naturally some warm brown nuances in her fur... So, tabby with white, 100% sure.

I dont see her sides clearly, but when she lays on the chair, it seems she is a classic tabby...
Spots on belly are common for many tabbies, so they dont prove anything.

A verry pretty domestic!

If long or shorthair, you see easiest on the tail... Bushy = long. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jlanderson2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone I honestly just thought she was part calico because of her being tricolored ya know like white black orange/brownish. I tried to search it up and I didn’t see where tabby could be three colors so I just assumed lol. Thanks a lot I’m still learning so I’ll probably make mistakes in the beginning. She is my first animal I’ve ever owned lol.

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I’m pretty sure my cats coat pattern is a calico tabby mix. But I’m still wondering what her breed is she has fairly big ears with big ear tuffs I would say she has a medium coat. Her cheek bones are kinda pronounced. And she has hazel eyes. Christmas has passed and I couldn’t get it then but I’m thinking for my birthday I will get cat DNA test but until they’re your thoughts and opinions on what breed she is. p.s srry know it’s a lot of pics and text.
She's a domestic shorthair tabby with white. She looks very sweet and loved🥰

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous 😻 I would say she looks like a dsh brown tabby tuxedo bicolor. Her face is a bit triangular and she has big ears so maybe some oriental background. Her pattern looks like classic to me with a bullseye.

It also looks like the pattern on her head is the beetle pattern instead of the traditional M pattern. I think someone just posted here that egyptian mau cats who were bred with dsh at some piint always have the m pattern or maybenit is the reverse and I am confusing it. It’s in this forum somewhere on a reply.

Last edited: