Hey from Georgia!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!  I've been reading lots of posts here and feel like this forum is a great fit for me.  I'm the proud owner of 3 shelter kitties:  Julie is almost 2 years old, as is her brother Mason, and Gadget is over 2 years old now (maybe close to 3?  not sure).  All are domestic shorthairs.  Julie and Mason are polydactyls, the "thumb" variety.  I adopted them 8 days after my dear Grey was put to sleep due to end stage kidney failure (she was also a sugarcat).  My house was just too "empty" after losing her and I figured what a wonderful way to honor her than to save new kitties from the shelter.

I'm a big believer in raw diet feeding and follow catinfo.org and catnutrition.com.  I started them originally on canned, only to find myself scooping their litter boxes multiple times a day and dealing with chronic diarrhea.  After stool samples (came up clean), multiple wormings, medications...the vet said they have IBD and to try one of the prescription diets.  Having owned a former sugarcat, this was NOT going to happen.  I decided to give raw a try.  I always liked the idea of it but never tried it.  I first tried the premixes to add to meat and saw a noticable difference.  I then made my mind up to use Dr. Pierson's recipe and ordered a grinder.  That was almost a year ago and I wish I had tried raw YEARS ago with my other cats! 

I recently added egg yolks to the recipe, I omitted them initially since I was worried about IBD.  I decided to try the egg yolks when I stumbled across this forum when searching for something to help with hairballs.  We'll see how it goes! 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the welcome! They are very sweet, and none of them seem to know that Gadget isn't related to them. I'm very fortunate that they get along so well.

Curious, are you a nurse? I'm currently in nursing school.

Last edited:

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
[COLOR=#"Blue"]Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina :silver: & Milky :whitecat: te saludan!!!........:wavey:[/COLOR]
(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina & Milky say hello to you!!!...;))

Please feel as you home here, we can learn so much and deep about out kittys in this marvelous site, I just only please ask you read the rules and other stuffs that can help you to feel as you Real home!..:) here you have the link my friend.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82565

Please ask whatever you need to know, there are plenty of good members and of course our tireless Mod´s to help us here!....:hyper:

See you on the forums!, Glad you join us!:hyper:

Last edited:

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there welcome along to TCS :)

Egg yolks were a saviour to me, my Flash was having horrible hairballs and yolks were suggested by a member on here and ive never looked back!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi & Welcome to TCS!  Yes, it sounds like this site is a good fit for you, there are a lot of people who feed raw here as well. There are Many threads on it!

Looking forward to some pictures of your babies! We love pictures around here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far no more hacking/yacking hairballs! I added more egg yolks than Dr. Pierson's recipe called for, but it seems to be working! I'll be researching more about it to see if I should reduce the amount.

I hope to get pictures up soon!