He's off his canned food...

myrnafaye

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Binx was given a prescription for Panacure on the off chance he might have lungworm (honking cough, but its not asthma, and he checks out perfectly ok on all labs, physical exam and radiographs). So Panacure is administered 3 doses for three days in food; off a week; then three more doses in food. So the first three doses went fine ( we put the Panacure in AD to be sure he would get the med); but now, he not only will not eat the food with the Panacure, he will not eat any canned food even without the Panacure. This has been going on since about Monday or Sunday. He will eat dry food, but I have never believed in a diet of only dry food, and I dont want to give him only dry. Any suggestions? I have warmed the food, put churru in it - he's not having it. Please help.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Binx is correlating wet food with the possible side effects of the med - primarily abdominal discomfort. He eats wet food with it in it, he gets stomach discomfort - so all wet food is now taboo. Let him eat dry until this is over, and then start re-introducing his wet food again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myrnafaye

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good idea! thank you.