Here's a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My best vacation has yet to occur, but if all goes well it will take place in 2003 when I visit my friends in England: Ali, Helen and Martin. Saving money whilst on the dole is difficult at best, hence the long time-frame; but air fare is expensive, even the so-called "cheap" fares being far from cheap. So I'm looking forward with hope, if not confidence, toward what will surely be my best vacation ever!

:tounge2:

=^..^=

amaretto

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I live in Texas and summer before last, when my daughter was in Alaska, she sent me a ticket to visit her. She and six of her Rice University buddies had all gone there for the summer and were staying in an apartment together. I flew there and we drove all over the place and hiked until two a.m., because it was still light then. It was a mother's dream. I'm hoping to meet her in D.C. this summer and eventually in England when she moves there! Maybe this was only my best vacation SO FAR!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Would you compete in a future Survivor and why or why not?

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope.

1. I don't want to be on tv - unusual in this day and age, I know!

2. I think I lack the skills for it

3. I could live without a shower perhaps, I mean the smell doesn't get any worse after a while, but I desperately need flush toilets, internet, and a clean place for putting my contacts in and out.

4. The whole competition thing would make me suspiscious of everybody and I don't like who I become when that happens

5. I don't care for reality tv (talk shows and news included) so I certainly don't want to encourage them spending more air time on that when they could be showing movies or other things I find more entertaining

6. I would miss my family, human and animal!

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll pass on being involved with Survivor. It's nothing but a bunch of show-business malarkey, with producers encouraging conflict amongst young half-wits selected for their superficial demographic appeal. Actual survival situations don't involve voting to get rid of people. Where would they go? I find all these "survival" programs to be nothing more than another overdose of least-common-denominator television, like the current spate of prime-time "quiz" programs. "For fifty-thousand dollars, who was the guest star on the last episode of The West Wing?" [cue: dramatic music & extreme close-up of contestant]

=^..^=

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure, count me in. Who wants to feed the cats while I'm gone?

If I go, maybe I'll have a decent answer for the vacation question that proceeded this one.

Anne, you get a portion of the million to support the site when I win.

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to be on a future Survivor! What an amazing, albeit tough, experience to get to spend time in another country like Africa and have to live off the land. I love people too, so it would be neat to have to get to know complete strangers in order to live peacefully with them. I wouldn't like the no food thing, but hey, what a way to lose weight!!
And hey, if you don't tke it too seriously, Survivor is actually quite fun to watch...

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Count me out! I wouldn't want everyone watching my every move, and listening to everything I say on national television!

Plus, it would probably take alot more guts than I have to go through all that!!!!!

I'm not sure if this is where I'm supposed to ask a new question or not...but if it is...I really can't think of one right now...does someone else have one???

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't think of a question either. The ball is about back in your court, Debby.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
#5 ok I have a question.

If you were on a deserted island, what is the one item you couldn't do without (non-living)?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And let me be the first to say that you saved Debby's a$$ here, ady.

Well, in days gone by I would have said contact lens solutions, because I would have been in dire shape without the old contacts.

Now, since the miracle of Lasik, I have to rethink the whole affair.

Well, after reviewing Cast Away last night, I think I would have to say shoes, preferably sneakers.

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, there are 2 things:

1) Contact lenses and supplies - I am literally blind without corrective lenses, as in, I can put the book against my nose and I still misread words! Though you might not be talking about absolute necessities . . .

2) Internet access! Because everything else I'm interested in I can probably find online.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, Sun, and who's delivering all this stuff you find online to the deserted island?!? :laughing:

Fed Ex, at least if you ask Tom Hanks, doesn't have too good a track record there.

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What did we used to say when 2 people spoke at once?

Poke poke
You owe me a Coke!

What else would I need? I figure, if I can get online from a deserted island, I just have to manage until the rescue team gets there, because for sure my first outgoing message will be "Help! I'm marooned on a deserted island!" I wouldn't need books or magazines, I wouldn't need a phone to keep in touch, and I could get information about survival until they got there.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
a fully loaded Hummer with about 3 years worth of MRE's guns and ammo and sleeping bag tent, flashlight battery, cooking utensils and matches, does that work? *G*

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's all pretend this is Response #4, shall we? All right, then. I'll say "money," cash money, U.S. dollars and lots of them. Why? Since it's a "deserted" island, not a "desert" island, I'll assume there's drinking water to be found somewhere. By "deserted" I'm also assuming you mean "bereft of humans." So, for food I'll have to forage and/or hunt.

Chances are, somebody will happen by when they see the smoke from my fire (once I manage to get a fire going). Cooked food is the way to go, I figure! And chances are whomever stops by will not be somebody from my old neighborhood. Waving U.S. money about, with promise of more should I be safely returned to "civilization," seems the wisest idea under those circumstances.

=^..^=

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people can tell butter from margarine by taste. Some people can tell different colas apart (coke, pepsi, RC). I can taste the difference between most brands of bottled water. An ex-boyfriend of mine could hear differences between the sound quality of stereos of comparable quality. And everyone knows somebody who can't rest until the color on the tv is set just right.

Is there something that you can tell apart, that the rest of the world sees as being "all the same"?

Status
Not open for further replies.