Here's a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm one of those 'color on the TV has to be just right' people. I'm very picky about how my TV looks and sounds and will mess with it for hours to get it just right. I can tell the difference between colas as well, I'm a Pepsi drinker..Coke isn't sweet enough

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me try to rephrase that, if you are confused:

To me, all colas are the same. To hubby, RC is different from coke is different from pepsi.

To most people I know, there are 3 kinds of bottled water: clear or sparkling or flavored. To me, Aquafina tastes different from Ozarka tastes different from Deja Blue.

My friend with the stereos, it wasn't as simple as telling the difference between Bang & Olafsun, Sony, and K-Mart store brand.

Some people like Kodak film because it's warmer (more yellows, I guess) than Fuji (more blues). But most people don't notice who makes their film.

So I'm asking, is there anything in your life that most people don't notice a difference about, but you notice the difference?

And I assume, Mr. Cat, that the answer is no. Because if there was, you'd know what I mean!

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I'm not confused about the question or the answers. I'm just wondering what happened to the fifth response to the deserted-island question. (Sorry.)

=^..^=

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since nobody else caught this no-fifth-response thing, I'll just forge ahead with Sun Lion's question. In this case, it's not so much that I can tell the difference in something; it's rather that nobody I know can seem to tell the difference.

It is, namely, the cinema. Hollywood doesn't make films for grown-ups anymore: they're all films for kids, whether pre-pubescent or adolescent. (You know, either "bang bang shoot 'em up" or "kids save the day from bumbling adults" et cetera.) Yet whenever I bring up this matter, my friends look at me as though I'm speaking in an alien tongue.

And I'm hearing things from adults I'd never thought I'd hear: "Eew, I don't want to watch that film. It's in black and white." Or, "Eew, I don't want to watch that film. It's got subtitles." Or, "Eew, I don't want to watch that film. It's old." [Note: That last response obtains even when they've never seen the film before.] Whatever became of grown-ups?

=^..^=

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Response # 3
Ok I know this is going to sound weird....but with me its false nails.... yes thats right... I used to do alot of nail art and extentions just as a hobby kinda thing, and I can always tell what type of false'ies/extentions people are wearing... like if they are fibreglass, acrylic, silk, gel, etc etc... sad eh?!! ha ha ha

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is kind of reverse. I believe all beer tastes the same. But I can tell the difference between natural sugar and artificial sweetners like Sweet and Low or Equal. I even tried the new one called Splendor that everyone says tastes like natural sugar. It dosen't.

alexnell

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can tell the difference between brands of milk--kemps vs. land-o-lakes vs. kwik trip. (also fat %, but many other people do that too)

I can even tell when they switch farms/cows/what they feed the cows. I know, because I've called to ask why the milk tastes different from last week, and they told me. They were really surprised I noticed, floored actually. I just thought everyone could tell.

Am I supposed to start a new question? If I am, here goes: What is the biggest Freudian slip you ever made?

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I've made them, but none springs to mind.

So this is just a bump, to see if it picks up again.

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
. . . as usual. I honestly cannot think of any Freudian slips I've made, though surely I've made zillions of them. Maybe they're like deja vu experiences, insofar as one tends to forget them (at least I do). It's a good question, though: Freudian slips can be quite funny!

Anybody out there remember a Freudian slip?

=^..^=

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Response # 1

Ok please don't anyone take offence at this..... at a company I used to work for I used to have to pack things and send them out mail order (exciting I know) and I was working with this guy who was a total jerk, anyway I picked up a parcel and tried to read the address, but it was written sooo badly I couldn't make it out, I turned to this guy and said "who the hell wrote this? Some dumb dyslexic (SORRY!!! CRINGE!! I WAS YOUNG OK???!!! DONT HATE ME!!) by the look of it!" and what did he say to me? "I wrote it, and actually yes, I am Dyslexic"!!!!! Oh boy I just died!!! Taught me good though...
Oh the shame..... Please don't take offence at that I would never usually say anything like that!!! I was young and stupid... you know.... )

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Response #2

I was working as an agent for a third-party telephone company. I received a call from a sales rep that I knew and didn't like. I didn't realize that my mute button of my headphone set was off. So while I was waiting for my computer to go into the information screen, I was talking to another employee and I told her that I hated the sales rep. He is so dumb. Then I realized that he heard every word and that it was also recorded.

Status
Not open for further replies.