Here we go again...

poivre

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
...just when everything was going well with Norma-Jean's Instinct limited ingredient rabbit pate canned food, they up and changed the formula and for the first time she sniffed and walked away. Shock is not the word! I am beyond upset.
I switched her temporarily to some cans of Ziwipeak venison pate which she likes (and the company has a good reputation) but started searching for another limited ingredient wet rabbit pate and found Koha (out of Florida) which seems to be a fairly new company (6 years) so I haven't a clue how really reputable they are. I admit to liking their website and the way they speak about cat food.
Has anyone heard of them? It cannot be purchased through the usual suspects Amazon or Chewy for example.
I would so appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.
Most importantly, stay safe!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Koha is a good brand. I tried it once for my IBD cat. He likes it. I feed raw but keep canned food on hand for both cats. My other cat won't touch Koha so that's why I don't buy it anymore.

If you search TCS you'll find threads discussing Koha.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

poivre

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
MY thanks to you LTS3 for your prompt response.
I have a call in to a Koha agent who will hopefullly call me back tomorrow.
Cheers, Poivre (Norma-Jean's mommy)

Telstar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, it's a nightmare. Since the start of the pandemic it is even worse, with stuff getting discontinued, changed for worse, etc.

sweetleo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How did you figure out that there was a formula change? Asking because Leo has also been snubbing the new batch of instinct LID rabbit lately and throwing up, and wondering if it’s related to a formula change.

poivre

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Other posters on the website where they rate with 5 stars or 1 star etc. mentioned that they had changed the formula and for me it made sense because she sniffed it and walked away. No throwing up because she just wouldn't eat it.
You might try RAWZ limited ingredient 96% rabbit. N-J just adores it. (not cheap but these are our babies)
I checked it out first to make sure it was rated well, because Koha was definitely NOT well rated by too many.
Good luck.

Telstar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How did you figure out that there was a formula change? Asking because Leo has also been snubbing the new batch of instinct LID rabbit lately and throwing up, and wondering if it’s related to a formula change.
That could be some contamination, not just a formula change.

poivre

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That could be some contamination, not just a formula change.
If there were some kind of contamination they would be recalled (easy to check) and the food would be taken off the market.

Telstar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If there were some kind of contamination they would be recalled (easy to check) and the food would be taken off the market.
If my cat would throw up, I would think it's more than a change in recipe.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've used Koha products before when we were allergy testing Delilah. They were pretty good. I just wish they made a rabbit in the shredded (more ground than shred) because Fancy, who is on an LID with rabbit right now, is just not wanting to eat pate, period.

poivre

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I highly suggest Rawz 96% rabbit LID although it too is not shredded. But maybe the flavor would make up for the pate texture. Problem is they are only selling the 5 1/2 oz and not the 3 oz cans. I spoke to a rep there and she claimed that they were trying to find a reputable canning company to make the 3 oz again. Hopefully they return.
This company gets high reviews. Our Norma-Jean loves it. (for now -- you never know with those fussy critters).