her butt looks a bit "raw" looking

mamakitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

I have two cats. My girl cat's butt always looks a bit "raw" while my boy cat looks just fine. I have mentioned this to my Vet but he said that's okay. I just don't see how it is OKAY when it looks kinda irritated and raw looking!! I'm annoyed by his response. I normally wipes both of their butts every other day or as needed basis with a cat wipe. My girl cat would scream like she is in pain while my other one is perfectly fine. I have always been very gentle with that.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks!

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since your vet is not listening to your concerns, I would get a second opinion. Spot had occasional problems with irritation on his behind. It was usually the result of either diarrhea or constipation (he had problems with both). How are your girl's stools? The vet was also able to give me a topical medication to help with the inflammation and pain.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would get a second opinion from another vet.

Maybe she's allergic or reacting to an ingredient in the pet wipes? Some of them have some chemical ingredients and perfumes.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stupid question, but why on earth are you wiping your cat's butts?
My cats clean their own butts!

Pet wipes are made to clean coats, not bottoms. You might want to just STOP using the wipes on your cat - I bet you see an improvement!