Helping cats learn Human Speech.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
While the African Grey parrot ( and other parrots to a lesser extent) are best known for learning to say a few human words or phrases, cats (some of them anyhow) are capable of at least some, as well. Obviously the individual cat maters ( Freya is especially good at it because Siamese have a lot of traits that help (being a breed known for high intelligence, a highly social nature, and for unusually frequent and varied vocalizations helps.. their stubborness may help, too
), but my previous cat, Za'ka, learned at least the word, "No!" (which she would use to order other pets around to her glee), and was a typical grey striped domestic shorthair, so it isn't a Siamese exclusive trait.

Anyhow, if any one else has a cat who has learned some words, I'd love to know what words) they learned,what, if anything you did to help, and, most of all, a video of them doing it ( if you have one), to see if my cat can increase her vocabulary through observation!

For Freya, she learned by being talked to a lot (both myself and my housemate work from home), and, when she was making similar sounds to the word hello, we praised the heck out of her, we well as repeating back, etc.

Here are the videos of my cat saying hello (the first is more recent and has better pronounciation)